Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen!!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen

Post by Ink&Bones »

Picked this up at a Goodwill about 2 hours from my house yesterday:

'The Last King Of Texas', signed by the author, Rick Riordan. Rick is the author of several books, notably the 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series for kids, as well as the 'Tres Navarre' series for adults. He is a New York Times Bestselling author.
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

Are you sure that the Rick Riordan is real? I've met him in person and got a personalized autograph. In some ways they do look alike, and in some ways they don't. But if it is real super congrats to you!!!
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

charliestcloud wrote:Are you sure that the Rick Riordan is real? I've met him in person and got a personalized autograph. In some ways they do look alike, and in some ways they don't. But if it is real super congrats to you!!!
I'm almost 100% positive it's real. I'm never 100% positive on ANY autograph unless I see the person sign it myself, so....but, I compared it to other examples and it measures up.
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

He doesn't usually make his R's that pointy but maybe your correct.
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

Nice success...I checked out a few places trying to get lucky with a good find but came up empty.

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
ricin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ricin »

The Rick Riordan is authentic! {up}
Nice find. :)
SKINS Signature credits to Nicole175. Thank you. :)

Autographs Recieved:J.K Rowling (Authentic), Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Evanna Lynch, Robbie Coltrane (x2), Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Michael Emerson, Freddie Stroma, John Grisham, Elijah Wood, Matthew Lewis, The All-American Rejects, Panic! At The Disco, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps,...................
Most Wanted: Harry Potter Cast, Jack & Bobby Cast, SKINS Cast, James Patterson, Coldplay, Supernatural Cast, Sir Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jude Law, Logan Lerman, Dean Collins, H.E President Barack Obama
Favourite: LOGAN LERMAN, J.K Rowling (Authentic), Maggie Smith, Freddie Stroma, Panic! At The Disco, The All-American Rejects, Maroon 5, John Grisham

DO NOT PM ME FOR E-MAIL ADDRESSES.

MY WEBSITE: http://www.alghernonhenri.webs.com
Valo03
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Valo03 »

Not exactly from a thrift store (or charity shops as we call them in the UK) but these were two amazing finds:

Ian Holm signed autobiography found in discount book store for £2

Hockey legend Martin Brouder.This was an a amazing find! Bought this book on Abebooks (an online book store where people can sell their old books) for £5. I just wanted to read the book and that was the cheapest I could find it. There was no description that said it was signed so you can imagine my surprise when it came and I flicked through and saw that! I only wish my name was Wayne now.
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Valo03 wrote:Not exactly from a thrift store (or charity shops as we call them in the UK) but these were two amazing finds:

Ian Holm signed autobiography found in discount book store for £2

Hockey legend Martin Brouder.This was an a amazing find! Bought this book on Abebooks (an online book store where people can sell their old books) for £5. I just wanted to read the book and that was the cheapest I could find it. There was no description that said it was signed so you can imagine my surprise when it came and I flicked through and saw that! I only wish my name was Wayne now.
lol.....NICE finds!! :D

Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Theone30 wrote:Nice success...I checked out a few places trying to get lucky with a good find but came up empty.
Keep looking, man.....you'll get lucky one day!! {up}

Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

ricin wrote:The Rick Riordan is authentic! {up}
Nice find. :)
Thanks!! {up} :D