Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen!!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Michele---
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Finding autographs at Thrift Shops...yes, it does happen

Post by Michele--- »

@Ryan J
@Ink and Bones

Thanks so very much. I am so happy I found it and can add it to my collection....Still can't believe it. It's been about a year and half since I have gotten a thrift store/flea market autograph and it's a plus that it is a brilliant autograph :)
?and ? - Michele

My new Website with all my autograph- http://ohthestuffoflegend.wordpress.com/ (If a link is broken please check out my site for the image. I stopped using Photobucket account.)

Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Redemption
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

A couple of things I found this week at thrift stores:

'Over Here', signed by the author, Edward Humes. Humes is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and an author of several books.
'The Shaping of a Life', signed and inscribed by the author, Phyllis Tickle. Tickle is an author of numerous religious books.
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Hit a nearby Goodwill yesterday and found this:
'You Can Make It Happen', signed by the author, Stedman Graham. Graham is an American educator, author, businessman and public speaker. He is also the partner of Oprah Winfrey.
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Found this yesterday while looking thru CDs at the local CD Tradepost.......
Rocket From The Crypt were a pretty popular punk band from 1990-2005. They disbanded in 2005 after a farewell concert on Halloween of the same year.

dogthemindfreak
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dogthemindfreak »

Not a book, but I had a huge success at a local used CD/hobby shop here in Iowa the other day. I was looking through the used CDs and found a copy of Lynch Mob's first album, Wicked Sensation. I'm a huge fan of 80s hair metal and fmr. Dokken guitarist, George Lynch. I decided to pick this up (I have their second album, just never got around to buying their first!) and when I took it up to the counter to pay, the cashier had to go find the CD in the back room. He opens the case up and lo' and behold it was signed by George Lynch! I've been wanting George Lynch's autograph for A LONG TIME! And I finally got one! It was very exciting! (plus, I got it free because the guy decided that the actual disc looked like it could have some problems playing! Turns out it does work!)
In space, no one can hear you scream.
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

dogthemindfreak wrote:Not a book, but I had a huge success at a local used CD/hobby shop here in Iowa the other day. I was looking through the used CDs and found a copy of Lynch Mob's first album, Wicked Sensation. I'm a huge fan of 80s hair metal and fmr. Dokken guitarist, George Lynch. I decided to pick this up (I have their second album, just never got around to buying their first!) and when I took it up to the counter to pay, the cashier had to go find the CD in the back room. He opens the case up and lo' and behold it was signed by George Lynch! I've been wanting George Lynch's autograph for A LONG TIME! And I finally got one! It was very exciting! (plus, I got it free because the guy decided that the actual disc looked like it could have some problems playing! Turns out it does work!)
OUTSTANDING Success!! {up}
George is awesome, and I love Dokken.

Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

I found these two books this past Monday, 1/17/11, at the local D.A.V. Thrift Shop:

'Glass Slippers Give You Blisters' signed by author Mary Jane Auch. Mary Jane Auch has written several children's books.

'Vicki!', signed by author Vicki Lawrence. Vicki Lawrence is an actress and TV hostess. She's best known for the television show 'Mama's Family'(which I LOVED!! :D ), but she was a regular on the 'Carol Burnette Show', she hosted the gameshow 'Win, Lose or Draw' and she had her own talk show. I checked the signed bookplate against other examples on eBay, and it appears legit, but I'm not 100% sure on its authenticity at this point...

Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Picked up these two books at the local Goodwill yesterday:

'What Was Mine', signed by the author, Ann Beattie. Ann Beattie is an award-winning short story writer and novelist.

'The Tin Roof Blowdown', signed by the author, James Lee Burke. James Lee Burke has written over twenty-five novels, mostly mysteries, two of which have been made into films. He is the rare winner of two Edgar Allan Poe awards, and is the winner of the Mystery Writer's Association's GrandMaster Award.

nicole175
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicole175 »

Ink&Bones wrote:Picked up these two books at the local Goodwill yesterday:

'What Was Mine', signed by the author, Ann Beattie. Ann Beattie is an award-winning short story writer and novelist.

'The Tin Roof Blowdown', signed by the author, James Lee Burke. James Lee Burke has written over twenty-five novels, mostly mysteries, two of which have been made into films. He is the rare winner of two Edgar Allan Poe awards, and is the winner of the Mystery Writer's Association's GrandMaster Award.
The Tin Root Blowdown is a GREAT book takes place in New Olrean's I wish I could find one signed lol
Most Wanted! 1.BSB,2.Miranda Lambert,3.Blake Shelton,4.Whole Twilight Cast,5.TNA & WWE Crew,6.Jason Aldean,7.Haley Mills,8.Bobby Jindale,9.Mercy Me,10.Aaron Carter
(if you have a working address to help with this plz pm letting me know thanks)
Made by me!
http://www.thegraphicsshop.co.cc/
site made and owned by me!
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

Picked this up at a nearby Goodwill yesterday:

Jump 5 were a Christian pop group from 1999 to 2007, when the officially broke up in December of that year. Two of the members, a brother and sister, went on to form the group Guest. The signatures are authentic.