Return envelope addresses

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Cutie3409 wrote: Ian! LOL It's not a US thing! :P I never do it, what if the letter had to be forwarded? Then that address isn't technically the right address. I agree with the other statement you said about it being easy for other people to see who it's from. I just leave ,ine blank, if a celeb wants to write out their address they can do it :|
Hi Cutie3409 {up}

I didn't mean to be contraversial :lol: , but the vast majority of the US successes on the forum have a return to: address shown in the top left corner of the reply envelope!

We don't do that in the UK, (or in Australia according to YOURS_SINCERELY), that is unless we use MS Word to print our envelopes - which tries to force us to put a sender address on the front :x

All I was saying is that the only time I have ever seen a sender address written in the top left corner of an envelope is when it has come from the USA.

In the UK we put the sender address on the back. That's all I meant :wink:

Ian
Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

TheCollector wrote:
Cutie3409 wrote: Ian! LOL It's not a US thing! :P I never do it, what if the letter had to be forwarded? Then that address isn't technically the right address. I agree with the other statement you said about it being easy for other people to see who it's from. I just leave ,ine blank, if a celeb wants to write out their address they can do it :|
Hi Cutie3409 {up}

I didn't mean to be contraversial :lol: , but the vast majority of the US successes on the forum have a return to: address shown in the top left corner of the reply envelope!

We don't do that in the UK, (or in Australia according to YOURS_SINCERELY), that is unless we use MS Word to print our envelopes - which tries to force us to put a sender address on the front :x

All I was saying is that the only time I have ever seen a sender address written in the top left corner of an envelope is when it has come from the USA.

In the UK we put the RTS address on the back. That's all I meant :wink:

Ian
LOL I know! I was just teasing you. :wink: Don't ever take me to be a serious person, I usually laugh and tell jokes all the time. It's unfortunate that my personality is limited to emoticons :(
{??} Noah Lowry {??}

lutherjw

Post by lutherjw »

TheCollector wrote:
lutherjw wrote:Hey,

I just wanted to say that when I send a SASE I always put my address where the Return Address goes. That way if something gets mixed up at the post office I will still get the response.

Hope this helps!

Hi lutherjw {up}

What, so you put your address in the middle of the Stamped Self-Addressed envelope and also in the top left return corner? :?

(Somebody's nicked my punchline! lutherjw ):lol: Hope this helps!

Ian
Yeah, a lot of people say that it looks stupid but I find that it helps to receive more responses if there is a mix-up :lol:
lutherjw*

Post by lutherjw* »

TheCollector wrote: Somebody's nicked my punchline! lutherjw ):lol:

Ian
Sorry I didn't know it was yours when I started usinig it. What does "punchline" mean in the UK? In the US it means the culmination of a joke but that doesn't seem to fit here :?
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

lutherjw* wrote:
TheCollector wrote: Somebody's nicked my punchline! lutherjw ):lol:

Ian
Sorry I didn't know it was yours when I started usinig it. What does "punchline" mean in the UK? In the US it means the culmination of a joke but that doesn't seem to fit here :?
Hi lutherjw {up}

No worries!! I was only joking anyway :lol:

It means pretty well the same thing in the UK as well. When I first started on here I always finished with that phrase, so it did become a bit of a joke :mrgreen:

Please feel free to use it though :wink: we can share :D

Ian {thumb2}
Loralei
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Loralei »

Yes, putting a "return address" in the upper left hand corner is common (if not expected) in America. I put it on all mail that I send out. In my experience, putting it on the back of the envelope is usually only seen on formal mail (invitations, announcements, etc...).

That being said, I always put my address in the center of the envelope & as a return address in the upper left. It's not confusing b/c the return address is written much smaller than the send to address. Because of this, I have had received autograph sucesses with "Return to sender" stamped on the front. This happened a couple of times due to insufficient postage b/c they put a piece of cardboard in my SASE & made it need more than one stamp.