Return envelope addresses

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Return envelope addresses

Post by fan0258 »

Hey,

On the return envelope I wrote only my home address in the middle of the envelope and I didn't write the celebrty's address in the top left corner because in my opinion the celebrity doesn't need to know his own address.
Is that ok to write only my home address on the return envelope?
and has anyone before wrote on the return envelope only his home address without the celebrity's address on the return envelope and got a reply?

Thanks you all for the great help!
Emma
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Emma »

I never write the celebrities address on the return envelope and I have had many replies. It doesn't really make any difference.
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

I always put my address in the center and in the return address, that way if anything happens it still comes back to me
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Emma wrote:I never write the celebrities address on the return envelope and I have had many replies. It doesn't really make any difference.
Hi Emma {up}

Like you, I tend not to put the celebs address on the return envelope. Indeed I don't usually put my own address on the front of the outgoing envelope either.

The habit of writing a return address in the top left corner seems to be a US thing! However (when I remember) I do try to stamp the back of the envelope with an "If Undelivered Please Return To . . . . . . (with my address here)"

I suppose it amounts to the same thing, it's just the place that's different :lol:

I do suggest you get a return address on your outgoing envelope otherwise you will not get any undeliverable post back, and end up waiting for autographs that are never coming!!!!

Just my opinion!!!

Ian {thumb2}
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

I completely agree Ian. I do it exactly the same way you do... with an "If undelivered please return to sender.... (followed by your address) on the back of the envelope, I have never heared of doing it any other way until I came on here. It just seems so logical to put it on the back, this way you don't clutter the front of the envelope with more than one address and there is no way the intended address can be mistaken.
I don't write the celebs address on the return envelope... I believe that's something that the celeb should do (if they choose to), the last thing they have time to do is worry about mail they have already sent on.

All this being said, this is just the way I do things, you're perfectly entitled to do it your own way.

Best of luck in your collections.

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi YOURS_SINCERELY {up}

You reminded me about something when you said about putting the celebs address on the return envelope.

One of the reasons (like you) that I don't put the celebs address on the return envelope is because it would clearly identify the contents to anyone who saw it on its journey from the celeb to you!

I am not going to blame the postal workers as a lot of different people will handle the envelope on its journey.

Before I cause a riot (if we have any postmen/women on here) I will say that I am sure the vast majority are more than honest. But in every walk of life you get bad apples :lol:

I say, keep the celebs address off the return envelope (unless they add it themselves) - and keep temptation at bay :wink:

After all, if there is a delivery problem and the envelope does go back to the celeb as an RTS it would be very unlikely that they would send it out again - expecially if they had paid for the postage in the first place!

Ian {thumb2}
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thanks a lot!

Post by fan0258 »

Hey guys,

I wanted to thank you all a lot for your help and your helping replys.
You all really nice and I really appreciate that.

Thanks! :D
lutherjw

Post by lutherjw »

Hey,

I just wanted to say that when I send a SASE I always put my address where the Return Address goes. That way if something gets mixed up at the post office I will still get the response.

Hope this helps!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

lutherjw wrote:Hey,

I just wanted to say that when I send a SASE I always put my address where the Return Address goes. That way if something gets mixed up at the post office I will still get the response.

Hope this helps!

Hi lutherjw {up}

What, so you put your address in the middle of the Stamped Self-Addressed envelope and also in the top left return corner? :?

(Somebody's nicked my punchline! lutherjw ):lol: Hope this helps!

Ian
Cutie3409
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cutie3409 »

TheCollector wrote:
Emma wrote:I never write the celebrities address on the return envelope and I have had many replies. It doesn't really make any difference.
Hi Emma {up}

Like you, I tend not to put the celebs address on the return envelope. Indeed I don't usually put my own address on the front of the outgoing envelope either.

The habit of writing a return address in the top left corner seems to be a US thing! However (when I remember) I do try to stamp the back of the envelope with an "If Undelivered Please Return To . . . . . . (with my address here)"

I suppose it amounts to the same thing, it's just the place that's different :lol:

I do suggest you get a return address on your outgoing envelope otherwise you will not get any undeliverable post back, and end up waiting for autographs that are never coming!!!!

Just my opinion!!!

Ian {thumb2}
Ian! LOL It's not a US thing! :P I never do it, what if the letter had to be forwarded? Then that address isn't technically the right address. I agree with the other statement you said about it being easy for other people to see who it's from. I just leave ,ine blank, if a celeb wants to write out their address they can do it :|
{??} Noah Lowry {??}