Doris Day won't sign my lobbycard unless I donate $150

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
krs000a
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Doris Day won't sign my lobbycard unless I donate $150

Post by krs000a »

Well I went to Doris Day's animal foundation website and I donated $10, I then mailed a lobbycard together with a SASE and a letter with the PayPal transaction ID for the donation. Today I got an e-mail from the Doris Day Animal Foundation Team (doris@ddaf.org):
Dear <my name>

Doris Day is in receipt of the ”Pillow Talk” lobby card you would like her to autograph. Currently, Doris is only signing memorabilia that is auctioned off periodically on eBay to benefit the Doris Day Animal Foundation. (i.e. a recent autographed "Caprice" press book sold for over $3,000), and therefore asks that folks not send personal memorabilia to be signed http://www.dorisday.com/photo-request).

On occasion she will also autograph items, such as CD’s or DVD’s for sale at her Cypress Inn, starting at $150 each, again, with all proceeds benefiting the Doris Day Animal Foundation. Because you have already sent your lobby card, she has agreed to autograph it for a minimum donation of $150. If you prefer not to proceed, Doris is still happy to autograph her photos for free, should you like one instead.

If you choose to make this donation to the Doris Day Animal Foundation, you may do so at www.dorisdayanimalfoundation.org, by clicking on any “Donate” button. Once you receive a credit card or PayPal acknowledgment, you may email a copy of it to doris@ddaf.org.

We look forward to receiving your instructions. Please feel free to email us at doris@ddaf.org.

All the best,
THE DORIS DAY ANIMAL FOUNDATION TEAM
Well, I'm very disappointed. This autograph was meant for a friend of mine. He's 61 and has been a Doris Day fan all his life. But I can't afford to pay $150, I am working hard supporting my family and making ends meet. I understand she is doing this for the animals, but I believe majority of her fans are not going to be in the position to spend hundreds of dollars on an autograph. I could have just sent my autograph request with no donation like others have done apparently with success, but I donated what I felt I could afford, unfortunately that was not enough for Doris.

Just a heads up for others who are thinking of requesting her autograph, make sure you can afford it.
Stai12345
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Doris Day won't sign my lobbycard unless I donate $150

Post by Stai12345 »

It says on the website that you can get a photo signed just not "PERSONAL MEMORABILIA". So I think you can get your friend that autograph. It also says not request more than one autograph.
Favorite TTMs: James Earl Jones, Nick Jonas, Arnold Palmer, Mickey Wright, and Robert Clary

Favorite IPs: Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, and Jim Furk

I'm a BIG Star Wars fan, if you have any information about any valid Star Wars cast addresses please contact me. I like autographs from WW2 era heroes like Holocaust survivors, Nazi Resistance members and WW2 veterans. If you have any information on that, please contact me. I would appropriate it!
Normanbotts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Normanbotts »

Let's hope for $150 it's her authentic and not the secs that's been getting dished out the last few years.
NB
anthonydowsett
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anthonydowsett »

I just got a lovely signed photo back from the foundation. So i think it is just memorabilia, so go with a photo.
Normanbotts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Normanbotts »

Can u show the photo that you back?
NB
cjhanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjhanson »

She's past 90 now and must be getting weary of all the fan mail. This is her way of lessening the number of letters she gets. I can't blame her really.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi krs000a :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Doris Day on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
BS18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BS18 »

Normanbotts wrote:Let's hope for $150 it's her authentic and not the secs that's been getting dished out the last few years.
This talk of her having a sec is hear say. There's no proof whatsoever that supports that. I'm not one who defend anyone that sends out forgeries but this rumor of her using one seems to be nonsense. She's in her 90's and all the signed items on the foundation websites match up perfectly with her TTM's along with recent IP's from someone who met her which she also said that she gets a lot of mail when asked about it. Yes, her and her foundation staff might be lying but whats more realistic. More proof than not that she's signing her mail.
anthonydowsett
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anthonydowsett »

BS18 wrote:
Normanbotts wrote:Let's hope for $150 it's her authentic and not the secs that's been getting dished out the last few years.
This talk of her having a sec is hear say. There's no proof whatsoever that supports that. I'm not one who defend anyone that sends out forgeries but this rumor of her using one seems to be nonsense. She's in her 90's and all the signed items on the foundation websites match up perfectly with her TTM's along with recent IP's from someone who met her which she also said that she gets a lot of mail when asked about it. Yes, her and her foundation staff might be lying but whats more realistic. More proof than not that she's signing her mail.
Totally agree! The talk of her sec signing is unfounded. I just received a lovely dedicated picture from her, after a small donation and it is exactly the same as the Signed items her foundation auction. Her foundation aren't going to fraudulently auction Sec signed items.
krs000a
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by krs000a »

Well so far I have not received anything back. I told her to just send out one of her own pictures like the foundation staff person said she would do for me after my donation but so far nada...
I guess I'm just in bad luck as probably 20% of the autograph requests I have sent out (to people who have positive feedback from other people on this forum) are not getting back to me with any autographs. I have lost quite a few lobby cards and postage so far. Emilio Estevez, Kurt Russell, Matthew Broderick, Heather Langenkamp, and several more.
A RTS I can put up with, but it pisses me off when the letter is delivered and I hear nothing back, yet they are sending stuff back to others since I read the feedback on here before i send it out. THe above listed ones are 5+ months ago since I sent to and even though I know some people didnt get any response until like a year later, most of the ones that didnt reply to me have returned autographs in 2-3 months or less to others. Oh well sorry for the rant.