ENVELOPE SIZE???

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

ENVELOPE SIZE???

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

Hi All!
I have been writing to past and present cricketers and using 16 X 23cm envelopes (approx 6.3inch X 9inch) I am now expanding my collecting to Hollywood actors/actresses/singers etc. I have heared a few people mentioning that they use 9 X 12inch envelopes, is that the general size everyone uses? What size photographs do you often receive back? Am I making a big mistake if I continue sending my current sized envelopes?

I would appretiate any feedback on the subject.

Cheers,

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
aliens vs predator
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by aliens vs predator »

9x12 is the best ones to use because some people may send 8x10 photos back.
CKY

Latest Success: Bam Margera
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Envelopes

Post by TheCollector »

Yep, 9x12 are best (or A4 in the UK).

They will hold a 10x8 comfortably, and if the celeb wants to send anything bigger then they will supply their own envelope.

Remember to clearly mark your return envelope "PHOTOS - Please do not bend". This is especially important with larger envelopes as celebs can also return smaller photos e.g 6x4, and the bigger envelopes then tend to get bent in the post.

Hope this helps!
Ian {thumb2} [uk]
KellyMBel

Post by KellyMBel »

When I am not sending an SASE I send the normal size envelope (4x9, I think). But when I do send an SASE I do send a 9x12 envelope.

Kelly :D
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

I've always used A5 envelopes, which are about 16x23cm. On the couple of occassions where the picture has been bigger than that, the person has used their own A4 envelope.

I'm not sure whether my successes have been affected by using a smaller envelope. Many of the normal agency headshots are pretty small anyway so they've fitted fine.

If you're sending abroad, will you be using IRC's? If thats the case, then the postage won't be stuck on and I supose it wouldn't be too much effort for the celeb to use a bigger envelope.