anyone know of a website for HQ Hockey photos?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
dvigue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

anyone know of a website for HQ Hockey photos?

Post by dvigue »

anyone know of a website for HQ Hockey photos? They are so hard to find. I like printing my own pictures, but HQ ones are much nicer.

any help would be apprecited..

Thanks
BondGirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BondGirl »

I don't know about how HQ they are, but have you checked the team websites? They often have a photo gallery section which I use to find some sweet shots to use as wallpaper. You can also check the team store sites. they sometimes carry stuff like that.

What I've heard from other hockey fans is that players often send their own photos, and the bigger names just send preprints. I know for a fact that Martin Brodeur only sends preprints and doesn't sign anything you send, unless it's either for a sick child or certain charities.

Years ago I got a nice signed picture of Paul Kariya just for writing a fan letter. I didn't even ask for his autograph, just sent a letter, so that was nice.

Nice to meet another hockey fan. Who's you're fav?
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

HQ as in High Quality?

like this type:

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Danny

Re: anyone know of a website for HQ Hockey photos?

Post by Danny »

dvigue wrote:anyone know of a website for HQ Hockey photos? They are so hard to find. I like printing my own pictures, but HQ ones are much nicer.

any help would be apprecited..

Thanks

Just make a google or yahoo search and put your preference on large photos. Or you can always go to a sports store they might carry pictures of players. I always send my own pics I either buy them or make them print.
Danny

Post by Danny »

BondGirl wrote:I don't know about how HQ they are, but have you checked the team websites? They often have a photo gallery section which I use to find some sweet shots to use as wallpaper. You can also check the team store sites. they sometimes carry stuff like that.

What I've heard from other hockey fans is that players often send their own photos, and the bigger names just send preprints. I know for a fact that Martin Brodeur only sends preprints and doesn't sign anything you send, unless it's either for a sick child or certain charities.

Years ago I got a nice signed picture of Paul Kariya just for writing a fan letter. I didn't even ask for his autograph, just sent a letter, so that was nice.

Nice to meet another hockey fan. Who's you're fav?
Not all big names send PP or autopens. Some do send authentic autographs.
BondGirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BondGirl »

Which big names have you gotten authentics from? I'm just curious because I really dislike spending time and effort for pps, and I haven't had much luck in the past with Gretzky, Lemeiux, Brodeur, etc.

I do know they're awesome signers in person, with a few exceptions. Of course, it depends on your definition of a big name too I suppose. I haven't tried sending to big names in a while, so maybe it's changed.

Sorry if I was misleading. Didn't mean to. :oops:
Danny

Post by Danny »

BondGirl wrote:Which big names have you gotten authentics from? I'm just curious because I really dislike spending time and effort for pps, and I haven't had much luck in the past with Gretzky, Lemeiux, Brodeur, etc.

I do know they're awesome signers in person, with a few exceptions. Of course, it depends on your definition of a big name too I suppose. I haven't tried sending to big names in a while, so maybe it's changed.

Sorry if I was misleading. Didn't mean to. :oops:
when you send to Gretzky and Lemieux do you send a pic to make them sign? From what i heard they are great signers.I'm planning to write to them in the next few days :)

I have authentic autographs from

Patrick Roy ( I sent him 2 pics for him to sign.Returned them unsigned instead he sent me 2 pics of him signed. Trust me it's authentic.

Guy lafleur (Signed and inscribed the picture i sent him)

I guess chances are if you dont send them something to sign they'll either send a pp or autopen. I'm not saying they all do that.

If you wish I can send a list of other star players who I believe are authentic autographs. If you want pm me :)
BondGirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BondGirl »

Yeah, I sent Gretzky a photo from his last game and Mario a hockey card. I must just have bad timing.
Danny

Post by Danny »

i'll keep you posted...As i stated i'm gonna send to them next week :)