Question....

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Xena2LaraCroft
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question....

Post by Xena2LaraCroft »

Hey,

Anyways, I was going to write to Justin Whalin. But the board administrator said to send a letter and a picture to him for him to sign it. Why would I need to send a picture? I mean, doesn't he have lots of pictures that he can just sign and give me one.

Maybe I missed something....thanks for the help.
I will find you, no matter how long it takes,
no matter how far, I will find you.
- Last of the Mohicans
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

A picture is optional I suppose. I rarely include them, and when I have, i've only received it back signed once.

I would suggest that you just send a blank postcard, which are cheap and come in like packs of 50 or something. More often than not, you get sent a photo back anyway, which saves you the cost of printing/buying one yourself.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question....

Post by rpbluesman »

Xena2LaraCroft wrote:Hey,

Anyways, I was going to write to Justin Whalin. But the board administrator said to send a letter and a picture to him for him to sign it. Why would I need to send a picture? I mean, doesn't he have lots of pictures that he can just sign and give me one.

Like barmy said: The photo is optional.

Sending a picture will, however, almost always increase your chances of getting an autograph.

However, some celebrities are bound by contract to sign only photographs that their agents supply. So, sending a picture may not always work.

Whether or not you send a photo, always include a SASE. This makes it much easier for the celeb to reply to you.

Hope this helped.

--Daniel :mrgreen:
Michelle
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question....

Post by Michelle »

rpbluesman wrote:
Xena2LaraCroft wrote:Hey,

Like barmy said: The photo is optional.

Sending a picture will, however, almost always increase your chances of getting an autograph.

However, some celebrities are bound by contract to sign only photographs that their agents supply. So, sending a picture may not always work.

Whether or not you send a photo, always include a SASE. This makes it much easier for the celeb to reply to you.

Hope this helped.

--Daniel :mrgreen:
[agree] with everything you said!