Celebrities home address'

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
madautographcollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Celebrities home address'

Post by madautographcollector »

Has anyone ever wrote to a celevrities home address tom
RangerKing
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RangerKing »

Don't you think that this is an invasion of privacy and that it could possibly be looked at as stalking and therefore could carry criminal charges?
madautographcollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Yes I do I was just wondering if anyone has I have written to Milvena Dean at her home address.
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

RangerKing wrote:Don't you think that this is an invasion of privacy and that it could possibly be looked at as stalking and therefore could carry criminal charges?
I don't see how sending a letter to someone is considered "stalking".

The defination of the word "stalking" is:
To pursue by tracking stealthily.
To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.
To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.

I don't consider the process of figuring out someone's home address stalking. By writing to someone at their home, you are not "persuing by tracking stealthily".

That's just my opinion on the situtation. I'm not here to insult anyone, but you would have to be pretty paranoid to think if you write to someone's home address, criminal charges could ensue. (That's not an insult directed to anyone - it's just my opinion on the idea) Celebrities LOVE to hear from their fans. If I was a celebrity, and someone figured out my home address and sent a letter, I would admire their persistence and friendship.

I've written to current politicians at their homes. I've never had a problem.

:) {up}
RangerKing
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RangerKing »

Yeah but to go out of your way to find this address to mail them specifically at home? Even some people are a bit wondering when someone emails them via their private email address. You're talking of physical stalking though, I'm not. Plus there is a reason why celebrities don't exactly disclose their home address. A politician, however, is quite different because they may be at a certain status in society, but they are a public figure and are there to serve the public and influence our lives. Celebrities are out to gain and entertain, not nesscarily serve the public.

If I was a celebrity, I would be pretty miffed and possibly angry as to the reason why someone would track down my home address when they could have easily sent it to a designated fan mail address or to my agent.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Why would it be stalking?

To send an actor you like very much a nice letter?

I think I have, I'm not sure if the address I sent to was this actor's home address. Who? Secret... ;)
click banner to check out my autographs :)
madautographcollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I dont think its stalking
James

Post by James »

Hi madautographcollector {up}

I myself have only written to one celebrity home, that is Roger Bannister (Former Athlete) Although I do know the home addresses of many celebrities including Bono, Lisa Stansfield, The Edge, Nigel Benn, I would never write to them there as I do feel it is an invasion of privacy as they will all have agents. But if the celebrity doesn't have a agent, then I feel that writing to a home address is okay.

Hope this helps,

James {up}
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

Well put James.

Writing to home addresses isn't exactly stalking, but in some cases, the celebs may find it an invasion of privacy. But it depends from celeb to celeb. For example, I think there's a Danish actor (forgive me, I can't remember the name!) who is quite fine with receiving requests at his home.
James

Post by James »

leela wrote:Well put James.
Thanks Leela {up} If I was famous, I would be happy to get mail at my house, as long as people didn't come and stay outside my house!

James {up}