Why did you start collecting autos?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Taxi_06
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Why did you start collecting autos?

Post by Taxi_06 »

Why did you start collecting them? I started by just sending one out to my fav celeb and it just evolved from there.
"I love robbing the English, they're so polite."
-Kevin Kline- "A Fish Called Wanda"
ImageImageImageImage
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

I always liked the Beatles, so I signed up for a class on them at my school. I had shown my teacher some letters from friends and stuff who were interested in the Beatles and lived in Liverpool and he commented that it would be fun to write Paul and Ringo and see what happened. I ran off and found every address for them I could and tucked them away not to be looked at for a few months. Then once exams arived and I didn't have any homework I decided to write them and see what happened and from there I requested a few more and a few more and a few more until I started seeing stuff back. It's been a rewarding hobby so far, I'm glad my teacher had suggested writting them :P Long story, sorry. :lol:
writergirl123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by writergirl123 »

i just got started...i started by just writing to miley cyrus but then i saw the sucsesses on this page and i was like hey i want to do that! lol. but yeah, i havent sent anything out for like four days because since im just getting started, i havent gotten anything back. so it gets a little dull.
Favorite TTM: Zac Efron, Jason Dohring, Alyson Stoner
Favorite In-person: Mitchel Musso
(When I get this person's in the mail i WiLL FREAKK): Leighton Meester
loveryan

:)

Post by loveryan »

Because we like receive mail and we {??} the celebrities :)
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

as with most things in my life...i was bored. bored and making a stupid website about ben affleck for a laugh and found a site with an address on for him so i thought..hmm. then i found my way here, found an address for gordon ramsay and havent looked back since :lol:
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

when i was younger (about 10 or 11) i always used to email shows like cbbc, diggit and citv and ask for the presenters autographs and well a few months ago i found a load of them in a box in my room so i just decided to try and expand on my collection but with more famous celebs and by writing to them and stuff

xx
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
The_Terrible_Toad_King
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by The_Terrible_Toad_King »

I started collecting footballers autographs years ago. Then me dad suggested to try writing to clubs to get some of the players autographs so I did.
Then a couple of months ago I read in paper about Ricky Hatton and the fanmail he replies too so I searched for his fanmail address stumbled across this site and decided to start colelcting autographs of all the actors, sports stars etc who I liked.
Image Image
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I stumbled across Fanmail.biz on Google in Dec 05 and have visited it atleast once a week ever since :mrgreen:
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

Well I originally found this site, and thought it would be fun to write to a few celebrities. Pretty much thinking nothing would ever come back. I sent a letter to Bob Barker about how much I loved him and that my birthday was coming up. He sent me a nice glossy photo personalized to me saying "To Logan... Happy Birthday!..." and I knew then I wanted more.
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
Volante

Post by Volante »

I'm a member of a big James Bond forum (who could have guessed, eh? ;)). There's a collection section on this forum with a thread about autographs. I enjoyed reading in that thread and I was very interested in sending out letters myself, but I didn't know how to do. I learned from the collectors there, and then I found fanmail.biz by searching on google! =) Joined the forums few weeks later.
click banner to check out my autographs :)