IRC question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ingenue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

IRC question

Post by ingenue »

I live in Europe, so how many IRCs would I need to send someone in the USA with a glossy A4 photo? And how many to the UK?
christine
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by christine »

I personally use three for the US and two for the UK

Christine :D
Celene
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Celene »

well, as far as I know (asked at the post office) they said that to receive a letter back you only need one (:shock: well, they cost here as a registered letter around Europe should, so I didn't doubt about the need of only one), but still, I don't really know if one's enough. I've seen only one request by far (and received an answer) - that one without IRC at all, the day after tomorrow I'll go for buying one and sending with a letter. There were a few feedbacks by people mentioning they've only sent one, so I'm gonna try my luck.
Tomaldo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tomaldo »

I have used one to the US a few times and had a couple of successes, but I only use small envelopes. If you're sending an A4 sized sheet I would use three to be sure if you care about the photo, or use two and risk it....
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Basically 1 IRC will cover the cost of a basic (minimum priced) letter from anywhere in the world (20g from the UK)

As the weight increases you will need additional IRCs for guarenteed return.

Basically 2 IRCs should cover a 9x12" (or A4) envelope and a 10x8" photograph to anywhere in the world. If you have sent only one photo for autographing, or you are expecting only one back then this should be plenty.

However, if you have sent out 2 or more 10x8" photographs, or other additional items such as DVD covers / extra cardboard etc , then you should expect the return to cost you more.

To conclude - generally 2 IRC's wil be enough to get a reply from anywhere in the world unless you are sending loads of stuff!!!!!

Ian :mrgreen:
keith191283
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by keith191283 »

I live in the UK, and I base the number of IRCs I use on what I'm sending to be signed, and where it's going to. So here's how many IRCs I use when sending out requests.

Europe: 2 IRCs (regardless of what is sent)

Australia/New Zealand: 3 IRCs (regardless of what is sent)

USA/Canada: 3 IRCs for 1-2 photos, 4 IRCs for more than 2 photos/DVD covers, etc)

Hope this helps.

P.S. Just to let all folks in the UK know (if you haven't already been told by your local post office), Royal Mail IRCs purchased between now and 31st July will expire on 31st December 2006. Any IRCs purchased after 31st July will be valid for a few more years (no expiration date has been confirmed yet).
ingenue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ingenue »

thanks a lot! :)