Private Addresses: Do you say sorry for bothering them?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner

Private Addresses: Do you say sorry for bothering them?

Post by EmmaSheree »

Private Addresses: Do you say sorry for bothering them at home?

I havent had any Private Address successes yet (i had one but the celeb actually gave me his address for a charity thing me and my friends was doing)

Do you apologise to the celebs for bothering them at home?

I Would start of my letter
Im sorry for Bothering you but i am such a huge fan ect ect.
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Private Addresses: Do you say sorry for bothering them?

Post by ozzman »

I always apologize when sending to a private address. I just feel it is the polite thing to do.
il0veseamushp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by il0veseamushp »

yup. its the first think i write..

ive had one private success which was from the author of the Hunger Games series
Check out my interview with Alexander Ludwig aka Cato from The Hunger Games

Click here to GO TO MY AUTOGRAPH INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!

FOLLOW MY AUTOGRAPH TUMBLR

Click the Picture to go to my Autograph Page on Facebook

MOST WANTED --> Harry Potter - Hunger Games - Glee - Disney - Twilight Saga - Divergent - a few select TV shows!

Harry Potter: 79 autographs from 40 cast members
Hunger Games: 84 autographs from 49 cast members
Glee: 20 autographs from 16 cast Members
Twilight Saga: 10 autograph from 8 cast member
Disney: 19 autographs from 16 people
Other: 274 autographs from 182 people
Total: 486 autographs from 311 people
quails23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by quails23 »

I've sent once and haven't. I know it sounds rude, but hear me out for a second. I sat down and wanted to write a genuine letter, briefly explaining the impact of their work on my life (which I did). Of course I used words like Dear, please and thank you....so I wasn't demanding of anything.

Idk, I think it would've been out of place had I written, "Oh sorry, oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm doing this, maybe I shouldn't have"...I'm not sorry, if I'm honest. I wrote because I wanted to reach them & hopefully get an autograph, and if they received my letter, they obviously knew I had taken time to find an address and put together something to send. There's no hiding of anything, really.

Does that make sense? Would I have written about how I hope it doesn't disturb them...if I hadn't rushed to get my request out? Maybe. But it's too late to change it!

I've not received any reply since I sent it almost 3 months ago. So...make of that what you will. Other than that, I do not have plans to send to more private addresses. This attempt was an exception because they are near impossible to get anywhere else. To me, private addresses are like the absolute last resort.

However, in many of my VV letters, I usually write some variation of the following phrase into my letter: "Apologies for this intrusion of your work space, but..."

:)
striker20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by striker20 »

I've only written to a private address once and I did apologize to the recipient at the start of the letter.
James

Post by James »

ozzman wrote:I always apologize when sending to a private address. I just feel it is the polite thing to do.
When did you lose your mod status?
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

Torii Hunter once said in ESPN Magazine, when he's at a restaurant, he's more upset when people say sorry for bothering him, because they aren't sorry. If they were sorry, they wouldn't have walked up to him in the first place. After seeing that, I stopped saying "Sorry for bothering you" and just went straight to the point.
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050
EmmaSheree

Post by EmmaSheree »

knicksfannumba1 wrote:Torii Hunter once said in ESPN Magazine, when he's at a restaurant, he's more upset when people say sorry for bothering him, because they aren't sorry. If they were sorry, they wouldn't have walked up to him in the first place. After seeing that, I stopped saying "Sorry for bothering you" and just went straight to the point.
THats IP not writing a private addy letter
Jack K
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jack K »

I've only written PA once, to Stephen Chbosky... I wrote a really long letter (about 4 A4 pages) explaining how much I liked his work and how much it had meant to me etc. (which it did, and does). And by starting the letter off by saying "Sorry to bother you but here is my life story sign my stuff", I thought that he would think oh I'm just writing for an autograph (which I wasn't :D I really do love Stephen Chbosky's work)

I don't know, I think it's a matter of who the person is. But still, I don't think I would apologise at the beginning of a letter. If they don't want to read it, then they will throw it in the bin without even opening it. If they wanted to read their fanmail, then it wouldn't bother them, would it?

I've only done private once though so.. yeah. And I'm relatively new to the scene so.............................................
take my words how you will :)
Collecting TTM since August 2012, and IP since March 2012

My autographs:
Total from TTM & IP - 112
Waiting on - 30
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

n did you lose your mod status?
I still mod this forum. But I lost my global mod status when i accidently deleted the old ufc thread when I meant to just lock it. There was fighting galore in the thread and I kept warning I was gonna lock it. When the time came I wasnt paying much attention and clicked the wrong tab. When I finally noticed it was too late. Admin demoted me for months for it. But he gave me back the mod status but took my ornge color away. I have asked him why but never got an answer. So if you ever find out why, I would love to know. LOL