Doris Day fake success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Lovio82
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Doris Day fake success

Post by Lovio82 »

8) Hi!

I wrote to ms. Doris Day sending 2 pictures.
They returned back signed 'n' personalized but I'm sure they're secretarial because I saw some IP and original autographs of her and the "D" is too different. Then ms. Day is more or less 90 y.o.... her handwrite cannot be so clear! Anyway.... a sort of success!

(15th August - 6th Dec. 2011)

Adress used:

DORIS DAY
c/o Overlook Foundation
PO Box 223163
Carmel, CA 93922
USA

CIAO CIAO

LAST SUCCESSES: Keira Knightley, Al Bano Carrisi, Elle Fanning, Gabriele Lavia, Renzo Arbore
FAVOURITE ORIGINAL SUCCESSES: Dalai Lama, Leo Gullotta, EPICA, Dane Farwell, Renato Pozzetto
FAVOURITE PP/AP SUCCESSES: Michelle Hunziker, Seth MacFarlane, Jensen Ackles, Pope Benedict XVI
WORSE SUCCESSES BECAUSE SECRETARIAL: Doris Day, John Travolta, Bill Cosby, Seth MacFarlane
WAITING FOR: Rob Zombie, Jessica Alba, Barack Obama, Steve Guttenberg, etc etc
AN UNATTAINABLE WISH: A Shakira's signed pic!

1 year - 100 items
vespasian
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Doris Day fake success

Post by vespasian »

i dont understand why ppl keep writing to doris day,she hasnt signed anything ttm for many years now,i see you didnt use the normal addy for her,so on this occassion,worth a try :neutral:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Lovio82 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Doris Day on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
cjhanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjhanson »

I don't understand why celebrities get secretaries to sign photos. Nobody wants to receive a worthless photo with a fake signature. I would prefer my photos be returned unsigned.
locowski
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by locowski »

cjhanson wrote:I don't understand why celebrities get secretaries to sign photos. Nobody wants to receive a worthless photo with a fake signature. I would prefer my photos be returned unsigned.
I usually sent out my request to celebritys who is know that send out autherntic , but I have faw pp persons who I have respect.
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

cjhanson wrote:Nobody wants to receive a worthless photo with a fake signature.
It's not worthless unless you wanted to sell it. And like others on here for some reason say at least you got something. But then most on here aren't real collectors so they don't mind John Travolta's secretarials. :roll:
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Hello

Well it seems Doris Day's autographs secretariel or not are always being talked about. I got one about 20 years ago through her foundation....with the funny loopy D's that I have seen as authentic 1000 times before. But her inscription is very similair to these and the only letter thats off is the D's. Upon looking at old checks signed by her.....She did in fact do her D's this way for a long time.... I also in a polite way "called out" her secretary in an email....saying I realize she gets so much mail and as many stars have.....let a secretary, mostly answer her mail....but if I sent a donation and her new CD cover...would she personally sign it....? She said Ms Day always signs her own mail. Could this be a lie....sure...but I just want people to look at both sides of the issue. Im not saying their real.....but.....
Will add mine for comparison soon.....notice the last Y in Day....looks like how she is making her G's now.....
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
A-AutographFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by A-AutographFan »

countpaul wrote:Hello

Well it seems Doris Day's autographs secretariel or not are always being talked about. I got one about 20 years ago through her foundation....with the funny loopy D's that I have seen as authentic 1000 times before. But her inscription is very similair to these and the only letter thats off is the D's. Upon looking at old checks signed by her.....She did in fact do her D's this way for a long time.... I also in a polite way "called out" her secretary in an email....saying I realize she gets so much mail and as many stars have.....let a secretary, mostly answer her mail....but if I sent a donation and her new CD cover...would she personally sign it....? She said Ms Day always signs her own mail. Could this be a lie....sure...but I just want people to look at both sides of the issue. Im not saying their real.....but.....
Will add mine for comparison soon.....notice the last Y in Day....looks like how she is making her G's now.....
^ You are absolutely correct. Despite the fact most people underestimate Ms Day and think she does not take care of her own fan mail, the honest truth is, she does. The autographs you all are getting are 100% Authentic and NOT secretarial. As CountPaul says above, if you look at the way the letters are formed, it is very easy to see they match her writing style on checks and legal docs. Just because she signs her D different then she did a couple decades ago means nothing. In a People Magazine article this month she even mentions answering her fan mail is among the things she enjoys. Ms Day loves her fans and I hope that I can finally put this debate of authenticity to rest now.
cjhanson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjhanson »

What is a mystery to me is why everytime I've sent a photo to be signed it is returned to me postmarked in Kentucky. Does anyone have an explanation for that one? Kentucky is a long way from California where Miss Day lives.
moonlight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by moonlight »

The Autographs could be genuine. At her age Miss Doris Day does not have to take the trouble to please people. Pehraps she loves to make her fans feel happy and important and answers her fan mail. their is no definate proof of her secretary signing her mail. Talking about the different Ds Countpaul has just said that a long time ago she used to sign the D in the style she is signing now. Lets hope for the best. :D
Last edited by moonlight on Tue May 29, 2012 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.