Question...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Shiva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question...

Post by Shiva »

So there is an actress in Canada I'd like to request a photo from, but when I went to her page it says this: "For autographed headshots please send a prestamped envelope and $10 to"....

Has anyone ever come across this before? And seeing as she's in Canada, if I were to do this I'm guessing it would be $10 in Canadian money and seeing as I'm not in Canada........... That one's got me a little confused. I can buy the international reply coupons from the postal service website, but the money is a little harder to come by. :D

Anyone??
andrewsheath
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question...

Post by andrewsheath »

personally i would first try not sending $$ i did come across that with another actress and i just wrote her a letter and not expecting anything back she sent me an autograph :)
Shiva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shiva »

What about sending my own picture? I have a printer that prints decent pictures(if I can find one that's the right size that is) so I could send one or 2 and see if she'd send them back. That way she wouldn't have to use one of her own pictures unless she wanted to send one also.
andrewsheath
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by andrewsheath »

yea it wouldnt hurt to try :) i mean the worst that could happen is her sending them back unsigned
packrat

Post by packrat »

No, the worst thing that can happen is you never see the item again.

It really shouldn't be that much to purchase a Canadian money order from your bank. As for postage, there are members on this board who trade or sell stamps from other countries in the trade/for sale forum.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

Shiva wrote:So there is an actress in Canada I'd like to request a photo from, but when I went to her page it says this: "For autographed headshots please send a prestamped envelope and $10 to"....

Has anyone ever come across this before? And seeing as she's in Canada, if I were to do this I'm guessing it would be $10 in Canadian money and seeing as I'm not in Canada........... That one's got me a little confused. I can buy the international reply coupons from the postal service website, but the money is a little harder to come by. :D

Anyone??
?? That is fairly common, I'd have thought (eg many of the Sound of Music cast). It's all part of their income. they are not obliged to sign. You can get an international $ order. Or get Canadian $ from a bank or money changer. Of if the US$ is worth more, just send US$10. And some celebs charge you even if you send your own items (but they charge less). In this instance, you are paying for the signature. Realistically, so many of these signed items end up on eBay or with dealers, why shouldn't the celeb make some profit rathers than others profiting from the celebs signature? And they often charge less than most dealers too.
Last edited by goswannies on Mon May 30, 2011 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

andrewsheath wrote:personally i would first try not sending $$ i did come across that with another actress and i just wrote her a letter and not expecting anything back she sent me an autograph :)
Isn't that like walking into a restaurant and saying "can I have a meal but I don't wanna pay for it"?

I know it "doesn't hurt to try", but the celeb has established terms for obtaining the autograph. If I didn't want to pay for the autograph via the address, I'd personally try a different address (agent, via venue, alternative etc) where the celeb doesn't specify that you have to pay for it.

But that's just me.
andrewsheath
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by andrewsheath »

u kinda make me sound mean i really wasnt expecting anything back from the celeb i wrote too i just thanked her for something she did for me on twitter.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

andrewsheath wrote:u kinda make me sound mean i really wasnt expecting anything back from the celeb i wrote to i just thanked her for something she did for me on twitter.
No, no, don't get me wrong. You're not mean. In fact, if you only wrote to thank her, that is very nice ... and her sending something back is even nicer.

I personally don't like paying for autographs. But I also believe that the celeb has a right to charge to sign, or not to sign at all if they don't want. Star Wars' Phil Brown was a classic example. He charged to sign (not a lot) and would often sign for free if you sent him something, but would often include a letter saying he was paid poorly for the role and didn't get any royalties that the bigger actors got (and continue to get).
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

Can you tell me the actress in canada who charges 10 dollars? I can only think of one and if its her i have heard of people paying and waiting 6 months {down} And i know how you can solve the money issue without buying irc's because i live in canada,and chances are if they charge they will not sign your picture or send you anything for free.