The Who signed record cover authentic?

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

The Who signed record cover authentic?

Post by Big Ben »

Hiya everyone :D

Just need your advice concernig the following signed The Who record cover.

I was able to acquire it some years ago and there are the following signatures on it:

Roger Daltrey's, Pete Townshend's and John Entwhistle's.

I'm not quite sure of its authenticity, so what's your opinion?

Signed Record Cover:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4325/thewhorecord.jpg

Cheers ;-)
Comments on authenticity welcome!

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)
tansk1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: The Who signed record cover authentic?

Post by tansk1 »

The signatures appear authentic from your photograph. If you have any further information on the piece I may be able to validate it further..

Compare it to a piece from my own collection..

Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Big Ben »

tansk1 wrote:The signatures appear authentic from your photograph. If you have any further information on the piece I may be able to validate it further..

Compare it to a piece from my own collection..

Hi there,

Thanks for your help. The only thing I know about the record is that I purchased it from an ebay member quite a long time ago - about eight yrs - and he promised its authenticity and claimed he could get hold of the signatures at a concert of The Who; dunno when and where it was.

Comparing to your kindly uploaded photo, the signatures look similar but also a bit different, however their style could have changed maybe.

Where did you get yours from?

Cheers,

Ben :razz:

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)
tansk1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansk1 »

Ben,

This is one of the many albums in my collection - I believe I purchased it from either AACS or Christie's but would have to dig up the auction receipts to confirm.

Pete Townshend's signature on my album is varied slightly from his normal signature, but the style and flow of all the signatures are comparable in both pieces.

If you can find out what concert he obtained the autographs at you may be able to confirm. (Hopefully it was before 2002!) ;-)

Best,

Mike
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Big Ben »

tansk1 wrote:Ben,

This is one of the many albums in my collection - I believe I purchased it from either AACS or Christie's but would have to dig up the auction receipts to confirm.

Pete Townshend's signature on my album is varied slightly from his normal signature, but the style and flow of all the signatures are comparable in both pieces.

If you can find out what concert he obtained the autographs at you may be able to confirm. (Hopefully it was before 2002!) ;-)

Best,

Mike
Hi Mike,

No, you won't need to dig up your receipts. 8)

I just had a look at their previous tour dates and I can remember the ebay member told me the signatures were from a gig in the 1990s .

If it was signed after 2002, John Entwistle would have been sent back from heaven to sign ;-)

Best,

Ben {up}

Check out my website: