Have you ever wrecked any of your autographs by accident?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
lulu_binks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Have you ever wrecked any of your autographs by accident?

Post by lulu_binks »

I have...my first ever one....It was from Alesha Dixon. It got glue on it and got stuck to comething and I tried ripping it off...however, i glued it back and it looks alright...

But hey, gives it a bit of street cred ;-)

How about you guys?

:mrgreen:

Favourite Autograph - Kylie Minogue...?

Autographs Recieved -Claudia Schiffer, The Saturdays, Kim Cattrall, Kylie Minogue, Alesha Dixon, Holly Willoughby, Phillip Schofield, Heather Mills, Alan Carr, Dermot O'leary, Kate Garraway, Penny Smith, Lorraine Kelly, Ben Shepard, Dannii Minogue & Colin Firth.

A huge thank you to -Lil1- for the gorgeous signature!
DarbyD53
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Have you ever wrecked any of your autographs by accident?

Post by DarbyD53 »

Yes :-(

Ok at work we have a habit of like if we print an invoice and have to reprint it we tear it and throw it away, same with mail we get, we tear the envelope.

So when I first started getting Auto's TTM like Feb I was opening them, then putting them back in the envelope until I got the plastic sheets for them, well I was cleaning up one day and I picked up one of my used envelopes and ripped it in half and as soon as I did I knew what I had done :-( I had forgot to take my Mickie James pictures of of there. But it didnt rip through any of the writting and I got it looking pretty good. I felt so stupid though
ozzymadman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzymadman »

Unfortunately I have!

My nephew got me an autographed 5x7 of Portuguese Soccer star Luis Figo a few years ago. I wanted to take out of the frame to scan it and add the picture to my online autograph album but you know how sometimes when a picture is in a frame for a long time it kinda sticks to the glass. Well when I tried to take it out it tore a little so I stopped and did't remove it. You can't really tell unless you know to look for it because it didn't tare off the glass. But the picture is going to have to spend eternity in that frame!
mightyswagman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mightyswagman »

:cry: yeah,i went to northampton and got a signed photo of Simon Bamford (butterball from hellraiser),got it signed in white paint pen,thought it was dry and put it in a protective sheet,by the time i got it home,the signature had stuck to the sheet and came off when i took it out,gutted,but when i wrote to Simon and told him what happened ,he sent me a very rare Nightbreed picture of Ohnaka on parchment ttm,i have met Simon since,thanked him and told him I rate him as a great and humble actor,cheers.....Mark
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

Not sure is was me or mother nature who ruined them but, I did autographs before attending a Phillies game. On the way home I put them on the back seat and forgot to get them when I returned home. The car window was down and it rained, ruining just about everything I got that day.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
Revolver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Revolver »

I wrecked one of my favourite cricket autographs (Mitchell Johnson, Australia) through a sheer act of stupidity.
God only knows why, but I used to use Bostik clear adhesive glue to stick my autographs into my album to ensure that they stay in place. I had stuck this particular autograph in, closed the album without waiting for it to dry, and upon opening it on that page again - disaster. The personalization was wrecked and everything was a complete gold, smudgy mess.

It's safe to say I don't use glue anymore.
I also stay away from gold and silver markers.
See my latest successes! Click -> Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
lulu_binks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lulu_binks »

Revolver wrote:I wrecked one of my favourite cricket autographs (Mitchell Johnson, Australia) through a sheer act of stupidity.
God only knows why, but I used to use Bostik clear adhesive glue to stick my autographs into my album to ensure that they stay in place. I had stuck this particular autograph in, closed the album without waiting for it to dry, and upon opening it on that page again - disaster. The personalization was wrecked and everything was a complete gold, smudgy mess.

It's safe to say I don't use glue anymore.
I also stay away from gold and silver markers.
Completley what happened with me!

Autographs Recieved -Claudia Schiffer, The Saturdays, Kim Cattrall, Kylie Minogue, Alesha Dixon, Holly Willoughby, Phillip Schofield, Heather Mills, Alan Carr, Dermot O'leary, Kate Garraway, Penny Smith, Lorraine Kelly, Ben Shepard, Dannii Minogue & Colin Firth.

ozzymadman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzymadman »

mightyswagman wrote::cry: yeah,i went to northampton and got a signed photo of Simon Bamford (butterball from hellraiser),got it signed in white paint pen,thought it was dry and put it in a protective sheet,by the time i got it home,the signature had stuck to the sheet and came off when i took it out,gutted,but when i wrote to Simon and told him what happened ,he sent me a very rare Nightbreed picture of Ohnaka on parchment ttm,i have met Simon since,thanked him and told him I rate him as a great and humble actor,cheers.....Mark
ya

I forgot I did that when i met Toronto Raptors star Andrea Bargnani
He signed my 8x10 photo in sliver marker and i waited about 5 mins before i put it in the protective sleeve
but when i got home and took it out to scan it the autograph was stuck to the sleeve

but i was very lucky only a tiny little "O" Shaped part of the auto came off on the "A" in his name that was the worst of it
there is also a little piece that came off in line in his name on to the sleeve but you have to really look for it to see it

very close call scared the crap outta me when it got stuck!!!

here is the pic

http://img42.imageshack.us/i/scanpic0042.jpg/
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

Well, I used tape while I was sticking one in a binder and I almost ruined it. :cry:

Let's just say I don't try to use tape for autographs anymore. ;-)
lulu_binks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lulu_binks »

yeah, because when I first got my Kylie Autograph {??} ...I stuck it with tape and almost wrecked it!

Luckily the good people at her management sent me another one :D

Thanks for all of your replies by the way :)