best way to send posters off

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
zhpate
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

best way to send posters off

Post by zhpate »

whats the best way to send posters off to be signed ? if anybody has done this please give tips
MainManBlade
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: best way to send posters off

Post by MainManBlade »

I have mailed off a poster and a movie banner to be signed. How I did it step by step:
Buy a poster tube big enough to enclose the poster (Kinkos, USPS, UPS, etc)
Insert poster, LOR, return labels
Go to US Post office purchase postage to and from
Have the clerk put the return postage in a wax envelope (they have plenty)
Staple the return labels and postage to the back of LOR and drop in tube
Bring your own tape unless you are shipping priority and tape seal the tube
TA-DA!
You're done
Most Recently Sent: John Cena, Parker Posey, Jessica Biel
Most Recent Successes: Lupita Nyongo, Sean Bean, Lee Pace
Most Recent In Person: Cress Williams, Orlando Jones
Favorite Autographs: Wesley Snipes (personalized Blade 2 poster), General Collin Powell (personalized My American Journey), John Travolta, Adam West
Favorite Personalization: Jeremy Renner, Cedric the Entertainer, Michael Shannon
jenniferlovesHP
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jenniferlovesHP »

i wish i did something like that when i sent my posters. i just folded them and put them in a flat envelope. it was good but made unattractive folds and creases on them. i still love them anyway! dont do what i did!

Jennifer x
I love Harry Potter!
Favourite Successes- Partial Harry Potter Cast, Erib Mabius, Channing Tatum, Samuel L Jackson, Aston Kutcher etc.
Most Wanted- TOM FELTON (Can anyone help me get him?)
MainManBlade
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MainManBlade »

I still do that fold them up if they are already folded. I understand shipping them folded and flat in an envelope is little bit cheaper than a poster tube.

Poster tube handling is a bit more hectic for the celebrity and the assistant than we give it credit for, think about it: Envelope vs. Poster tube

Envelope: tools needed- a sharp fingernail or a letter opener and everything falls out nice and flat. Simple right? Taa-Daa!

Poster Tube: tools needed- a pair of scissors to cut the tape and pry the cap off and loose items fall out and your precious poster has expanded to the exact inner diameter of the tube while shipping and sitting. So someone has to take the care to remove your rolled up article which is rolling off the table. In order to sign either someone has to hold it down or desktop items have to be used to hold it down in place while the celebrity signs. Not so simple.

A poster tube DOES make your article stand out. But as you can see it makes it harder to handle. But you can always call the office where you sent it and verify that it is still there.
Most Recently Sent: John Cena, Parker Posey, Jessica Biel
Most Recent Successes: Lupita Nyongo, Sean Bean, Lee Pace
Most Recent In Person: Cress Williams, Orlando Jones
Favorite Autographs: Wesley Snipes (personalized Blade 2 poster), General Collin Powell (personalized My American Journey), John Travolta, Adam West
Favorite Personalization: Jeremy Renner, Cedric the Entertainer, Michael Shannon