Quentin Tarantino, Diane Kruger, Geoffrey Rush in Melbourne!

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
nowandagain

Quentin Tarantino, Diane Kruger, Geoffrey Rush in Melbourne!

Post by nowandagain »

Hi everyone :D

Last Sunday (2 August 2009), the Melbourne premiere of Inglourious Basterds was held at the Forum Theatre as part of the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF).

I attended and managed to get autographs from Quentin Tarantino, Diane Kruger and Geoffrey Rush. I missed out on getting Christoph Waltz's autograph as I must have not seen him as he walked past.

Anyway, here are the autographs I managed to get:

Quentin Tarantino

Diane Kruger

Geoffrey Rush (I have removed the personalisation)

Photos from the event:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

nowandagain [rockon]
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Quentin Tarantino, Diane Kruger, Geoffrey Rush in Melbourne!

Post by Jaffer »

Congrats! I especially like the Dianne Kruger one :)
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

God, Tarantino is one of my favorite people in the world! Congratulations! And if you ever want to get rid of that, you know where to find me!
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

great succes trantino is my favirote director,
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

Congrats! Nice successes, and great photos too! :D
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

Nice Success!

Have you manage to get photos with any of them?

I saw Geoffrey Rush on the opening night, but didn't have anything for him to sign (i was there waiting to see whether Katie Holmes would come). He only signed one or two autographs on that day.

I didn't know this Inglourious Basterds premiere, otherwise, i would be there. Fortunately, Brad Pitt didn't come, otherwise, it would made me cry because i missed it.

I got Geoffrey Rush on the closing night movie premiere "Bran Nue Dae ". Surprisely, i was the only one who asked him for an autograph and photo in the premiere.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

superletterfan wrote:Have you manage to get photos with any of them?
I only got a photo with Geoffrey Rush. I asked Quentin for a photo and he politely declined and said he was only taking media photos. However, he did also mention that I was free to take photos of him as he walked the red carpet.
superletterfan wrote:I saw Geoffrey Rush on the opening night, but didn't have anything for him to sign (i was there waiting to see whether Katie Holmes would come). He only signed one or two autographs on that day.
I was also at the opening night (see my thread Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush & others - "Balibo" premiere) and managed to get Geoffrey's autograph there too (and yet another photo with him).

It now means that I've met Geoffrey 3 times! However, I was really there at that premiere for Anthony LaPaglia as I'd been trying to get his autograph for years!
superletterfan wrote:I got Geoffrey Rush on the closing night movie premiere "Bran Nue Dae ". Surprisely, i was the only one who asked him for an autograph and photo in the premiere.
I didn't go to the closing night. I knew Geoffrey was going to be there but I didn't want to think I was stalking him!

nowandagain [rockon]
superletterfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superletterfan »

I didn't really know who Anthony LaPaglia was (have never watched his movies), therefore, i didn't prepare a photo for him to sign. You must be the girl who stood right at the entry. I think you were the only one who asked for so many autographs on that night. Besides Geoffrey Rush, i hardly know any other people....
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

superletterfan wrote:I didn't really know who Anthony LaPaglia was (have never watched his movies), therefore, i didn't prepare a photo for him to sign. You must be the girl who stood right at the entry. I think you were the only one who asked for so many autographs on that night. Besides Geoffrey Rush, i hardly know any other people....
Yeah, that was me standing right near the entrance of the red carpet. It was generally a good spot to get autographs, but a not a great spot for photos which is why I didn't take too many on the night.

I am a pretty big fan of Anthony's work, especially in the TV show Without a Trace which was the main reason I turned up to get his autograph and meet him (it was very rushed though). I don't think he signs TTM as I have tried two or three times with no success.

I would have brought something for Geoffrey to sign other than an index card if I knew he was going to be there. But then again, I've met him before and already have his autograph (I think I now have 8 autographs from him, both TTM and IP).

nowandagain [rockon]