Playbill Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Playbill Collectors

Post by arrowsup »

jackman125 wrote:Hi,

I'm over the UK and I've never written to a broadway theatre before, but I'd really love to get some of these signed playbills!

Trouble is, in the UK, there is no way of getting US stamps to enclose for return postage. If I just enclose the right amount of american money, will they be able to use that? It seems theres no other option!

Thanks!
I thought that I had heard that they don't send playbills overseas.
jamiebenmoore
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jamiebenmoore »

I've had plenty of signed playbill sent over to the UK.

As long as you give them the means to be able to send it back they don't mind.
kelseygoodman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kelseygoodman »

Hi! I'm very, very new to the Playbill sending game and I was curious if someone would outline the steps for me one by one? I'm unsure of how to send the self addressed envelope and the envelope to the theater, who to ask, what to write and things like that. I'd be very grateful if someone helped me! :D
RYAN-J
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RYAN-J »

Hey Kelsey!!

Send for cast-signed playbills is super easy! :D The theatre will provide the playbill, all you have to do is send them a 6x9 SASE and a request.

For the SASE, you basically take a 6x9 Envelope, put your address on it and the theatre address in the upper left corner, or you can just leave that blank or put your own address their again if you want, which is what i do. {up}

If your in the USA you'll want to put one .44 cent stamp on the SASE. Then simply address another envelope to the thetre you want the cast-signed playbill from.

I just write a simple request to the stage manager (just write 'dear stage manager') thanking them for putting on a great production and also tell them a bit about myself (name, age, where I live, hobbies ect. ect.) at the end i kindly ask if I can request a playbill signed by the whole cast and let them know I included a SASE to send one back in. {up}

Hope that helps!! if you need help knowing how to address the envelope so it get's to the theatre, let me know! Would help too, if I knew which play you wanted to send to. {up}

Any questions, feel free to let me know!! :D

RYAN- 8)
Check out My Autograph Collection! NONE are for sale or Trade. Sorry. - LIKE {up} My Official Facebook Fan Page!

DUE TO MY BUSY WORK SCHEDULE OUTSIDE OF AUTOGRAPH COLLECTING & INCREASING SPAMMING ISSUES I CAN NO LONGER GIVE OUT OR LOOK UP VIA VENUE OR EMAIL ADDRESSES. TOO MANY 'FANS' WITH THE WRONG COLLECTING MOTIVES ON HERE KEEP ABUSING THESE TYPES OF ADDRESSES AND END UP SELLING THE SIGNED ITEMS LATER ON FOR PROFIT {down}

Printable TTM Log Sheet (Great way to keep track of all your pending requests!!)

Total # of Autographs in my collection: 2,020 Authentic Autographs: 1,872 Pre-Prints & Autopens: 155 Personalized Autographs: 569 Q&A Cards: 40 Cast-signed Broadway Playbills: 15
Minisi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Minisi »

Just got My Lion King Playbill autographed by main cast today! They even took the time to write their character next to their signature, amazing! Sent off request a couple of weeks ago. Next up, The Lion King in Las Vegas (anyone try this before)
kman102
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kman102 »

I recently recieved a cast signed, opening night playbill from "Baby It's You". Also, today I got a cast signed playbill from "Priscilla Queen of the Desert". I am very happy with these playbills, and they have really cool covers. I am so happy I discovered playbill collecting! It has helped me learn a TON about Broadway, and it's really fun!
Lizz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lizz »

Has anybody had a success with "Love Never Dies" or "Les Miserables" in London? :)
Favourite successes: Darren Criss, Harry Shum jr, Daniel Radcliffe, Pedro Almodovar.
saulssweetie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by saulssweetie »

Hi All! Does anyone have a cast signed Wonderland playbill? Willing to trade or pay for it. My collection is listed on one of the pages here and I have some of them up on my autograph site below. Might just end up going to the flea market with my fingers crossed. Thanks!
See my autographs here: http://ldyedgwareauto.webs.com/
cjo2468
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cjo2468 »

Hi! I'm really new to autograph collecting, and was hoping to request some Playbills. I've gotten all the information I need in relation to where and whom they should be addressed to, but I have no idea whatsoever what to actually write in my letter. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!
kelseygoodman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kelseygoodman »

Hey, everyone!
Since I first posted on here, I've had some pretty awesome responses. I'm now the proud owner of Playbills from Catch Me If You Can, RENT off-Broadway, 2011 Hair Tribe in New York, The Unauthorized AutoBiography of Samantha Brown, and Anything Goes- all signed by their respective casts! I've also sent fanmail to Adam Chanler-Berat and Jennifer Damiano. Next up? Probably sending to Newsies and Godspell! I just want to thank you guys for all your help. :)

See my collection here! http://playbill-collecting.tumblr.com/