Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Letter :(

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Richard Griffiths Dissapointing Success avec Angry Lette

Post by vivalakayla »

Wordsworth wrote:Some do, to be sure. But I can see the opposite side of the coin - that sending mail to a person's private residence may seem like an intrusion. But Ravenclawking97 still didn't deserve the rude reply.
Again, if he didn't want the intrusion - do not reply. The more he replies, the more people are going to know they will get a response - hence more letters. So there really is no method to his madness.
williamandkate2011
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by williamandkate2011 »

i think griffiths just gets off on being a wanker.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

I didn't read all these comments, so I'm sure others have already said this. But sending him 8 things to sign was plain stupid. That's way to many things to send, you definitely came across as an autograph hound to him. But none te less its still an aaesome success. I got him in Sept with no problems, but I wish I had gotten one of his famous angry letters. It's very fitting if his character in HP. Plus he still signed a couple things for you. Don't take his letter personally though, loads of people get this. Enjoy it!
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
nickmoore777
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nickmoore777 »

I think you should be grateful you actually got something back, rather than moan that he sent a letter too. If you are all starting to dislike him from it, don't send to him. Rather than the other way round saying that he shouldn't reply if it annoys him. He was obviously annoyed at you hence the angry letter, yet he still replied. Surely that shows you he's not really that mean. Yes he wrote an angry letter, but you did send 8 pictures to be signed to his home address. I can see why he'd be annoyed.
Latest Success: Zach Braff (IP).
EastEnders Autographs: 146 different cast cards signed, plus some doubles.
Favourite Authentic TTM Successes: Paloma Faith, Alan Rickman, Gemma Arterton (VV), James Earl Jones (VV), Colin Firth, Keira Knightley, Richard Griffiths and Lord Sugar.
Favourite IP Successes: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz, Diane Kruger, Robert Vaughn, OFAH Cast, Penn and Teller, Myleene Klass, Zach Braff.
Annataz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Annataz »

parlamentetfanErik wrote:
Mj0r wrote:
emdramaqueen wrote:Lol!!!! This is a BRILLIANT reply!!!! I would treasure this and see it as something really unique. Very rarely do celebs send letters back.
That was so rude, dude! I know he's angry cos a lot of people sell autographs in the web but what about the real fans?
I prefer to receive nothing back than receiving a note like that :neutral:
In What point What that post rude? It IS Actually a brilliant Success and it's hallarius that they gave him the role as Uncle Vernon, he has it in the bloo Lol xD
that post wasnt rude, i mean that reply from Richard Griffiths.
i dont like this "success" and i dont think is funny.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ravenclawking97 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and letter you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Richard Griffiths on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
Wordsworth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Wordsworth »

Some celebrities would feel threatened by a request by a fan to their address (I'm not talking about a forwarded request that was sent to the agency because the fan would have addressed the envelope to the agency, not the private residence).

Because of stalking issues that some celebrities must contend with, there are also issues with what can be perceived as an invasion of privacy. That's what I meant by "intrusion". Ravenclawking97 said that his reply letter specifically addressed Mr. Griffiths' alarm that his personal address is available to anyone and everyone to see on the internet. Only you or I can decide how uncomfortable we have a right to feel if our address were accessible to anyone, but we do not have the right to tell Mr. Griffiths how he should feel. If he feels it's an intrusion, an invasion of privacy or objectionable in any other way, that is his right.

Now, that being said, again, I agree with everyone else who said that his reply was over-the-top and Ravenclawking97 did not deserve it. And I also agree with those who said that Mr. Griffiths has other options available, such as ignoring or tossing mail that he doesn't want to acknowledge.

Some celebrities simply do not respond from their personal address so that people will not know that it is legitimate and continue to send mail there. If the agency is forwarding unwanted mail to his address, he should take his concern up with them.
Cavillio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Cavillio »

Wordsworth wrote:Ravenclawking97, I don't believe anyone is upset with you but upset for you. I would not have written to a celebrity's personal address or asked for more than one autograph, but it appears that the number you requested may not have played a factor. And if, as another member posted, the agency forwards mail to his personal address, that is hardly the fault of the fan.

I reject the notion that such a nasty letter should be dismissed because "it's just Richard". There are other, more civil, ways to deal with unwanted autograph requests. As already mentioned, they could be rejected or ignored.

To send a fan a hateful letter accusing them of not having a job or of trying to make a profit is unfair. I am the first to agree that autograph selling on ebay has gotten way out of hand (especially considering the number of fakes) and I certainly do not believe that a celebrity is obligated to sign anytime/anyplace/anyhow, but I really think boycotting those with such nasty attitudes is appropriate.
This, exactly.
THANK YOU in particular for saying the bit in bold. Just because he's like that usually, it doesn't make it any better. There is no need for that extent of superiority and for him to insult every person who collects autographs as a hobby is just plain wrong. Who does he think he is? With the way he treats fans it's a wonder he has any fans left at all!

I don't understand how anyone can possibly justify this amount of rudeness to someone who's done nothing wrong.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Wordsworth wrote:Some celebrities would feel threatened by a request by a fan to their address (I'm not talking about a forwarded request that was sent to the agency because the fan would have addressed the envelope to the agency, not the private residence).

Because of stalking issues that some celebrities must contend with, there are also issues with what can be perceived as an invasion of privacy. That's what I meant by "intrusion". Ravenclawking97 said that his reply letter specifically addressed Mr. Griffiths' alarm that his personal address is available to anyone and everyone to see on the internet. Only you or I can decide how uncomfortable we have a right to feel if our address were accessible to anyone, but we do not have the right to tell Mr. Griffiths how he should feel. If he feels it's an intrusion, an invasion of privacy or objectionable in any other way, that is his right.

Now, that being said, again, I agree with everyone else who said that his reply was over-the-top and Ravenclawking97 did not deserve it. And I also agree with those who said that Mr. Griffiths has other options available, such as ignoring or tossing mail that he doesn't want to acknowledge.

Some celebrities simply do not respond from their personal address so that people will not know that it is legitimate and continue to send mail there. If the agency is forwarding unwanted mail to his address, he should take his concern up with them.
What a common sense post, thank you!
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard