Basic question: What are "secretarials"?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
(insert_name_here)
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Basic question: What are "secretarials"?

Post by (insert_name_here) »

Basic question: I understand the autograph lingo, SASE, PP, RTS, IRC, pic, etc... but I don't know what a secretarial is. Is it where someone else writes in the celebrities' autograph and personalize it or something? Cause when I see two different types of ink or color, people say it's secretarial.

Thank you,
(insert_name_here)
(a.k.a. Victor)
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Basic question: What are "secretarials"?

Post by Joey »

Hi Victor,

A secretarial is an autograph that has not actually been signed by the celebrity, but by a secretary or another person forging the celebrity's signature
(insert_name_here) wrote:Is it where someone else writes in the celebrities' autograph and personalize it or something?
It doesn't necessarily have to be personalized. However, occasionally celebrities will send authentic autographs, but a secretary will write a personalization to ensure that they won't be sold on eBay or somewhere else.

Some celebrities accused of sending secretarials include:

Kiefer Sutherland
Matthew Broderick
Angeline Jolie

{up}
Last edited by Joey on Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harrylare
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrylare »

Secretarial/ Ghost signed is when someone other than the celeb. signs their name. Inscriptions can also be secretarial where the celeb. actually signed the pic. but someone other than the celeb. does the inscription.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Victor :D

As RentRocks314 mentioned earlier, "a secretarial is an autograph that has not actually been signed by the celebrity, but by a secretary or another person forging the celebrity's signature."

Sometimes a celebrity could have someone employed to sign on their behalf, and these signatures could look identical to the celebrity's actual signature. At times, even experts could have trouble identifying whether it was real or secretarial as they are so identical.

Secretarial autographs aren't necessarily personalised - they could be just a signature. However, there are celebrities who may send out PP's but have a secretary personalise it (to stop you from selling it) or just have a secretary personalise an authentic autograph.

There are many celebrities that are rumoured to have sent out secretarial autographs, but I won't go into detail here. That's an arugument in itself.

nowandagain [rockon]
harrylare
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrylare »

There are many celebrities that are rumoured to have sent out secretarial autographs, but I won't go into detail here. That's an arugument in itself.

LOL@ nowandagain
I almost went down that road but it's an impossibe road on here.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

harrylare wrote:I almost went down that road but it's an impossibe road on here.
Exactly. You could go on for ages and ages on who does and doesn't send out secretarials.

The road is impossible to determine, as some secretarials are practically identical to the real thing. I think we'll leave the issue for now.

nowandagain [rockon]