Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by charliestcloud »

Legend w/o a Name is really nice and he is awesome! He always helps me with my struggles :D
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JasonS »

george2607 wrote:Message for Legend w/o a Name:

Pleases stop with the Nerd stuff. You say you are a nerd, you have told us far too many time and we believe so you do not need to keep telling us. :roll:

Also if you do not want to share addresses and the smug attitude about it that your comment displays, maybe you should consider another site. {down} {down} {down}

My feeling about it:
If you don't want to share,
we don't care,
so save us your boast,
don't bother to post.
{down}

Who peed in your Cheerios this morning?

Lance is a good guy, has helped me get addresses when I asked, has posted (and updated) lists of address on this very thread.

I happen to like his tag line and I understand his policy on helping people find addresses they are looking for but not just giving them out. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day - teach him to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.
Use google before you ask. Seriously.
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by legendwithoutaname »

You know I will never understand why some people feel the need to post anger.

Do I brag or boast? Sure, but we all do. Why bother and collect if you can brag a little?

Do I get upset when someone gets a great success and all I got was a signed comic or nothing at all? I do but I don't take it out on users. *By the way Charlie I was mega-jealous of your William Van Horn success.

And by the way when I started this forum/sub-forum, there was not any good info for comics posted other than the now spammed Stan Lee address. Now look at the successes and happy comic fans. We share and share alike. I know that my collection has grown by Superman like leaps and bounds.

1name1legend=legendwithoutaname * and that is not a secret.

Heck I got banned because I asked for it. Really I dared the admin to ban me and he did.

I did this because I grew tired of the teenage moderators on here. At one time there was a mod that was listed as being under 12.

But back to the topic we are a friendly nerdy bunch.
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
mhammen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mhammen »

legendwithoutaname,
I didn't find your post or tag line to be "smug" or boastful, keep sharing.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!
klingonmaquis
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by klingonmaquis »

I like this place, I like to share the addresses or atleast get info out where I contacted the comic writers or artists. I hadn't posted a whole lot as most of my successes haven't really been comic related of late. But I have been stockpiling and putting together envelopes to send out comics by the ton. I have some X-Files comics to go, Tarzan and tons of Star Wars comics. If asked after you have exhausted all avenues on your end, these folks are more than willing to point ya where you need to go.
Scifi, comic books and a few other areas are my interests in autograph collecting. If you want to talk feel free to pm me.
mval8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mval8 »

george2607 wrote:Message for Legend w/o a Name:

Pleases stop with the Nerd stuff. You say you are a nerd, you have told us far too many time and we believe so you do not need to keep telling us. :roll:

Also if you do not want to share addresses and the smug attitude about it that your comment displays, maybe you should consider another site. {down} {down} {down}

My feeling about it:
If you don't want to share,
we don't care,
so save us your boast,
don't bother to post.

Who is this clown? I don't recall ever seeing him post anything...............well, anything worthwhile! Maybe somebody needs to check out another site...............Not the Legend! He has helped me on SEVERAL occasions!
legendwithoutaname

Post by legendwithoutaname »

After a recent dry-spell, I am gonna start doing the same. I was just hoping that it was just con season that slowed me down but..... still nothing from some of the old ones I have out.

I need to focus on new talent again. They have always "done" me right.

Time to buy some more blank sketch-cards.

And thanks for the continued support of this forum.
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JasonS »

I sent Steve Kurth an email back in June asking if he would sign an Iron Man comic he did for me. He sent me an email yesterday with his address and said he would sign it. I am sending it out tomorrow and will let you all know when I get it back and his contact info.
Use google before you ask. Seriously.
megamike79
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by megamike79 »

I wrote to Jonathan Ross at the Off The Kerb address and included issue 3 and 4 to see if he would sign them. I've had luck before in December when I sent Issue 1 to him and I asked him at Kapow did he actually sign it becuase the J was different to what he usually does, he said he did sign it, anyway.

Sent Wednesday 5th October 2011
Rec'd Saturday 8th October 2011

Yep 3 days, I must of caught him at the office or something.

Issue 3 Image
Issue 4 Image
Collection Image

Issue 1, 3 and 4 signed through the post, issue 2 in person at Kapow and issue 5 was bought off Forbidden Planet when it was released. He also included the signed slip of paper with the 2 comics I sent.
Didnt mean to have the pictures so big.
charliestcloud
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charliestcloud »

legendwithoutaname wrote:You know I will never understand why some people feel the need to post anger.

Do I brag or boast? Sure, but we all do. Why bother and collect if you can brag a little?

Do I get upset when someone gets a great success and all I got was a signed comic or nothing at all? I do but I don't take it out on users. *By the way Charlie I was mega-jealous of your William Van Horn success.
Wow! Thanks! It is my favorite out of all my artist signatures and let me tell you... I really wasn't expecting that Fed-Ex man to come up to my door with that giant envelope that was bigger than me... lol
*~When you're heart is in you're dreams, no request is to extreme!!~*
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autograp ... 0176062093
My MOST Wanted: LIAM HEMSWORTH!!!