Isla Fisher success :) The Great Gatsby

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Isla Fisher success :) The Great Gatsby

Post by Jaffer »

tomperrottafan wrote:
velvetgold wrote:
tomperrottafan wrote:I don't understand why everyone considers IMDB the be all to end all for when a film goes into production, but in the case of Freaky Deaky, they didn't update that film as "filming" for over two weeks after it began shooting. The worst part is that they didn't update their cast list until 3 weeks into filming, so people sent Matt Dillon requests when he wasn't even in the movie! My point is that I think it's very smart to cross reference whether the film is in production.

The truth is Gatsby doesn't begin filming until the beginning of Septmeber, BUT Isla Fisher is on set. As a previous poster has already said, there are photos of the characters in costume, including Isla as Myrtle. Joel Edgerton has noted in an interview that Baz Luhrmann is making the cast go through rehearsals before they begin shooting this thing in a few days. Also, some of the internet buzz has claimed that Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire arrived in Sydney on August 22nd, so they are in fact there, too.

I believe this success, so the production office or studio more than likely gave it to her during rehearsal.

Congrats. I actually sent to her, DiCaprio, and Maguire last week. I expect Fisher to reply, but I'm not at all holding my breath on DiCaprio or Maguire (with Maguire being listed as one of the most difficult in-person signatures to obtain). I may try Edgerton later, but I have a two month old request off at his agency right now.
IMDB is not the be all end all, but it was updated VERY recently as being in pre-prod, so I trust that. When there hasn't been an update since July let's say, then I know that there's sometimes a delay in updating it with the film status, but it was just updated a few days ago as still being in pre-prod, so yes, I trust that. Besides the fact that I know from other sources as well that filming hasn't yet begun. Sure they may be on set, but not everyone knows that. I only know when it actually goes into 'filming' mode. And it in fact HASN'T gone into production yet which makes us correct so your post is in fact kinda futile :roll:

Whatever. Futile means unimportant, and in this case the post is important. I think when people start questioning the validity of this success and the facts prove they're in rehearsals and that Fisher is in fact on set, then someone needs to step in and say that the success is completely possible, if not completely valid.

Just be happy for Lil Sarah. I think it was a wonderful reply.
Whilst futile in actual fact means "pointless", I do want to back Sarah up as well. She is a very trustworthy user, and there is no way she would have faked this {up}
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
velvetgold
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by velvetgold »

....all I needed was a simple explanation that there ARE stars on set and rehearsals have begun. I don't need a preaching of the choir.

tomperrottafan, I wasn't questioning the validity, nor did I ever say that Sarah was lying in any way, shape or form. I was just confused as I know filming has not yet begun. Sheesh. Excuse someone for making an observation.

Congrats Sarah, it's a lovely success {up}
songtothesiren
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by songtothesiren »

Congrats. Great success. {up}
Waiting for several autographs.

"Hunger Games" cast members who reply TTM --> http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=244147
mcjw2011
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mcjw2011 »

sawfan93 wrote:Leonardo i am pretty sure has all his fanmail to Appian way, he has never signed TTM, VV or agency, except once for charity, Great success!
That's true. However, a user named Sarah got a VV response from DiCaprio when she sent to the "Shutter Island" production address. It all depends on who handles the mail at the production office and who they forward it to. If the production office manages to forward mail to the actors themselves (or through a personal assistant), then you have a (slightly) better chance of a response. But if it's forwarded to their agents or the like, then you'll likely get a PP.

It all depends.

BTW, great success with Isla. Good actress. {up}
LilSarah
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LilSarah »

thanks everyone :)
Favourite autographs: Kate Winslet, Jodie foster, Britney Spears, Leighton Meester, Kevin Costner, Jude Law, Lil Wayne, Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Amanda Seyfried, Diane Kruger, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Cate Blanchett, Milla Jovovich
Most wanted: Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Shakira, Rihanna, Blake Lively Taylor Momsen Ed Westwick <3 Chace Crawford Penn Badgley Jessica Zohr, Emily Blunt, Jessica Alba, Chris Brown, Cristiano Ronaldo, Angelina Jolie, Robert Pattinson Kristen Stewart, Sarah Jessica Parker, Anne Hathaway, Freida Pinto...