Bob Barker bittersweet success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
chadallen985
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bob Barker bittersweet success

Post by chadallen985 »

On 8-11-11 I sent a LOR, 8x10 photo and SASE to tv Icon Bob Barker. I received my photo signed and personalized by Mr. Barker on 9-2-11. I say this is bittersweet because in my note I mentioned how I grew up as a child watching him on tv with my grandmother each and every day and how we really enjoyed the show. I also mentioned that "sadly my grandma passed away in February of this year", and that every time I see him on tv it makes me think of my time with my grandmother. So what does he do, he took the photo I sent and wrote "To Chad's Grandma" and then sent another photo and it said "And one for Chad." I know he is trying to be nice, but really... so you can see why this is bittersweet. I sent to the address in the database and I do not scan envelopes.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bob Barker bittersweet success

Post by admin »

Hi chadallen985 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Bob Barker on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
chadallen985
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chadallen985 »

Guess someone reads about as good as Bob Barker, lol... I do not scan envelpoes.
cormshrub
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cormshrub »

Well...at least he's trying to be nice, buuuuut upsetting all the same. It's kinda ironic, I used to do the same thing with my grandma before she passed away...
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

Personallu, if I was in your situation, I would have felt pretty honored and proud to get one back not only for myself, but for my grandmother who passed away.
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

He, or his secretary, probably missed the part about your grandma passing. Sorry about that :( Very nice response, though.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
AcidDrop44
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AcidDrop44 »

Sorry for your loss, you should think of how happy if would have made her and let it remind you of her.
Successes: Ghost Adventures, Kane Hodder, Robert Englund, Al Pacino, Bam, Jess, April and Phil Margera, Rake Yohn, Ryan Dunn, Brandon Novak, John Travolta, Rob Dyrdek & Fantasy Factory, Kevin Nealon, Bud Selig, Bobby Flay, Judge Judy, Bob Saget, Jay Leno, Bobby Mackey, Mark & Debby Constantino, Buddy Valastro(Cake Boss), Zach Galifianakis, Chelsea Handler, Tommy Chong, 3 Doors Down, Daniel Radcliffe, Tim Allen, Andy Samberg, Adam Green, Anna Kournikova
Waiting: Henry Winkler, Rob Zombie, Betsy Palmer, Adam Richman, Always Sunny cast, Conan O'Brien, Dane Cook, Tom Hanks, Mark Wahlberg, Anna Chlumsky, Lin Shaye, Kevin Spacey, Bradley Cooper, James Franco, Steve-O

Favorite IP Successes: Jersey Shore Cast, The Office Cast, Adam Sandler, Broken Lizard, Ron Jeremy, Steve-O, Brandon Dicamillo, Michael Bolton, Chelsea Handler, Kevin Nealon, 3 Days Grace, Roy Halladay, Greg Daniels, The Rock, Owen Hart
chalky10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chalky10 »

I tried the address for the Parras Company and it came back RTS. Any advice?