Is autograph exchanging out ?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Bergsteiger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Is autograph exchanging out ?

Post by Bergsteiger »

Since 50 years, I am a German collector from originally signed photos in all categories.

In former days, it was possible to find collector friends oustide of the home-country for exchanging signed photos.

But in the last years, it was impossible to find such friends for swapping.

In the former years, I have send 50 or more signed photos to a collector outside of Germany and the collector friend send me the same number with signed photos from his homeland. So it was possible to enlarge his own collection and the friend has done the same. Furthermore, it was cheaper to get a foreign signed photo.

Is this a right opinion and where are the collectors, who are interested in exchange their autographs.

I would be interested to continue this possibility of collecting, but where are the friends?

My offer woud be:

150 German signed photos from me against 100 signed photos from collectors outside of Germany
100 German signed photos from me against 70 signed photos from collectors outside of Germany.

Perhaps, this is the beginning for each collector to encrease his collection with German signed photos in all categories.

Why should this be impossible????