Envelopes Help

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
bizarregoldenone
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Envelopes Help

Post by bizarregoldenone »

If I want to send baseball cards to players, what size envelopes should I use for the sending envelope and for the SASE? Thank you.
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Hi bizarregoldenone,

If you want to send baseball cards, then you don't need a 9x12 or 8x10 envelope for either the envelope you send your stuff in or the SASE. Any size envelope that can fit the cards should be fine. :)
cernan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cernan »

I personally use the 10.4 cm by 24.1 cm. regular business envelopes. For the SASE I use 9.2 cm by 16.5 cm standard envelopes. But as RentRocks said any envelopes that the card will fit in should work fine!
cernan@fanmail.biz
Feel Free to PM or Email me with any questions or comments!
I will try to answer as soon as possible although that may not always be possible due to my busy schedule.
courtney

Post by courtney »

hey,

my brother is a HUGE fan of sports and i usually have him send his in a medium sized envelope. not too small incase they send something back, and not too big, so you don't have to pay that much for postage.

courtney

*sorry i don't know the measurments*
Thanks hangman!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT MY CHARITY AUCTION TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE FOR THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION! AUCTION IS IN EARLY 2009.
http://www.myspace.com/courtneycharityautographs

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
Nekia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nekia »

I would send a greeting card envelope. If possible don't forget to put in a piece of cardboard, so that the card doesn't get bent.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Since baseball cards aren't very big, you won't need a large envelope.

I would suggest putting your request in a standard-sized envelope, and then send a SASE big enough to fit the cards in (up to the standard-sized envelope.)

They probably won't get bent, because you'll be using a standard envelope size, so you probably won't need to add cardboard. I have no problems to date with my small 6x4 photos being sent to and from the celebrity. None of the photos I have received back have been bent (with no cardboard in the envelope.) You may want to write "Do Not Bend" on the envelope just to make sure though.

nowandagain [rockon]