Phil Niekro FAILURE!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
smdavis2003
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Phil Niekro FAILURE!!

Post by smdavis2003 »

6/16/11 sent a card, index card, LOR, $5 and SASE to address on database

6/24/11 received everything back with a price sheet....
admin
Site Admin

Re: Phil Niekro FAILURE!!

Post by admin »

Hi smdavis2003 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and price list you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Phil Niekro on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
MJS73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MJS73 »

You seem to be posting more and more failures when they're really not, you just haven't sent the appropriate fee. Why not just do a little research first and you won't have these "failures".
bbgotfame
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bbgotfame »

MJS73 wrote:You seem to be posting more and more failures when they're really not, you just haven't sent the appropriate fee. Why not just do a little research first and you won't have these "failures".
i would call this a failure celebs dont have to be assholes and charge for pictures of them -.-
Favourite Success:Maggie Q,Kourtney Kardashian,Kris Jenner,Kylie & Kendal Jenner,Kim Kardashian.
Autographs Gotten:55
Waiting: Alot can i list them later?
Most Wanted:Selena Gomez,Cariba Heine,Phoebe Tonkin,Owl City,USHER,Trey Songz,Rihanna,Miley Cyrus,Taylor Swift,Megan Fox,Lindsey Lohan ,Twilight Saga ..ETC.
Personalized:27
Preprint:18
Return To Slender:5
In Person:0
Color:44
Black&White:3
Letter Of Request:allot!
Recent Success: duclans sister from degrassi and Charlotte Arnold

if you want to see my autographs go to my website http://www.bbgotfame.webs.com
Eddie08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Eddie08 »

bbgotfame wrote: i would call this a failure celebs dont have to be assholes and charge for pictures of them -.-
Wow...that will probably set off a bit of an argument.

I don't think I would call the player an a-hole in this case. He has his prices and had had them for quite some time as most baseball players do. I have to assume that he is just sending $5 to all of them in hopes of "getting away with it." Or he doesn't know how much they charge. In that case, MJS73 would be right, he could just do a little research and receive the autographs if he sends the appropriate amount of money. Either way, if you send to a player (especially their home) it is your responsibility to know how much they charge in order to get an autograph. I'm not going to judge...if he wants to send to all the players with $5 to see if he can get away with it, go ahead. But "failures" like this will be the likely result.

Either way, if a person does not want to sign autographs or charges to make a little bit extra money, why would that make them the a-hole. Wouldn't we be the a-holes because we are sending to their homes?!? I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate all that mail...
Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated!

I collect signed Hall of fame postcards and 8x10 photos signed by baseball Hall of Famers and I'm always looking to add to my collection with players I don't have yet.
Totals(not including doubles)
HOF postcards: 63
HOF photos: 68

Thank you to everyone on this site for all the help!!
bbgotfame
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bbgotfame »

Eddie08 wrote:
bbgotfame wrote: i would call this a failure celebs dont have to be assholes and charge for pictures of them -.-
Wow...that will probably set off a bit of an argument.

I don't think I would call the player an a-hole in this case. He has his prices and had had them for quite some time as most baseball players do. I have to assume that he is just sending $5 to all of them in hopes of "getting away with it." Or he doesn't know how much they charge. In that case, MJS73 would be right, he could just do a little research and receive the autographs if he sends the appropriate amount of money. Either way, if you send to a player (especially their home) it is your responsibility to know how much they charge in order to get an autograph. I'm not going to judge...if he wants to send to all the players with $5 to see if he can get away with it, go ahead. But "failures" like this will be the likely result.

Either way, if a person does not want to sign autographs or charges to make a little bit extra money, why would that make them the a-hole. Wouldn't we be the a-holes because we are sending to their homes?!? I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate all that mail...
well if i become a celeb im charging 159.99 for 1 picture -.-
Favourite Success:Maggie Q,Kourtney Kardashian,Kris Jenner,Kylie & Kendal Jenner,Kim Kardashian.
Autographs Gotten:55
Waiting: Alot can i list them later?
Most Wanted:Selena Gomez,Cariba Heine,Phoebe Tonkin,Owl City,USHER,Trey Songz,Rihanna,Miley Cyrus,Taylor Swift,Megan Fox,Lindsey Lohan ,Twilight Saga ..ETC.
Personalized:27
Preprint:18
Return To Slender:5
In Person:0
Color:44
Black&White:3
Letter Of Request:allot!
Recent Success: duclans sister from degrassi and Charlotte Arnold

if you want to see my autographs go to my website http://www.bbgotfame.webs.com
MJS73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MJS73 »

well if i become a celeb im charging 159.99 for 1 picture
I don't understand your mind, such as it it is, set. You think his autograph is worth $5, he thinks it's worth $10. Therefore, you don't get the autograph. Try this, go into a Cadillac dealer with $15,000 and tell them you want a new Cadillac for that. You won't get it. Does that make the dealer an a-hole? How about if your boss came to you with a paycheck that was half the norm and told you he wanted you to work for that? Grow up, dude, the world doesn't owe you an autograph or anything else. And, no, I have no hope that you'll be able to understand this and you'll respond with something childish, thus reinforcing my point.

BTW, why wait? Order up a bunch of photos, sign them and put them on eBay for $159.
mattcorrell
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mattcorrell »

how much does it cost for him to sign?
smdavis2003
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smdavis2003 »

as for doing research... i did do my research... i have had friends who have gotten his signature for FREE... also have gotten friends who have gotten his for $5... and also know that some people have gotten it for $10...

so I figured I would try $5... and see what would happen by THE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE...
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT concept when sending to HOF'ers and athletes...if they want a certain $$$, don't get pissed if they don't sign when you send less. Its your fault, don't get mad at the athlete. If you don't want to spend the full $$ amount, then don't be disappointed when they don't sign. I've sent less than the requested $$ amount for guys like White Ford and got back a sig, but I've also gotten back lots unsigned.