James Dean Autograph Help!!!

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
nanune634
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

James Dean Autograph Help!!!

Post by nanune634 »

Hello!
I've bought this article on an american website famous for autograph with a certificate of authenticity for 220$. The fact is that it doesn't absolutely look like the usual James Dean's signature!
Is anyone a good "knower" (sorry for the bad english) in James Dean autograph?
Thank you a lot for your answer
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: James Dean Autograph Help!!!

Post by guilder1st »

Oh no. That's a total fake.
nanune634
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nanune634 »

Thanks for the answer but I could you be sure, the poster provides from http://www.neautograph.com/inc/sdetail/3653 and they told me that it was signed during the filming of one of him movie and that his signature could change . What to think about it?
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by guilder1st »

They are lying to you. But here's a few reasons why this is fake.
First you can't purchase an authentic James Dean autograph for $225,-
Second, A German poster - Rebel without a cause was released in Germany on March 30th 1956. James Dean died in September 1955. I doubt there was any European movie poster even printed for Rebel before he died. That poster is not original, and if it was it is now ruined with a fake autograph.
Third, that signature looks nothing like James Dean's signature. The slant is wrong, the letters are wrong, all of them, but most notably the J and D. And no his signature didn't change. Only one movie was released while he was alive, so not a lot of time for someone to change their autograph, and all examples I've seen from that period are consistently the same. The only time his signature was different was when he was a teenager(like in some signed high school yearbooks).
I can go into a lot more specifics, but I think this is enough. Trust me on this, I have done a lot of research and have enough experience with James Dean's autograph to know the difference between the real deal and this.
Don't buy it!
nanune634
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nanune634 »

Thank you very much for this advice! I won't buy it ;)
If you have some ideas where I could a real one...!
autographsale
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autographsale »

Its a fake...
haydenep
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by haydenep »

Another reason is that it was signed in sharpie... Sharpies weren't made til 1964
RECIEVED: Bam Margera, Brandon Novak, Deron Miller, Don Vito, Steve-O, Ryan Dunn, April Margera, Phil Margera, Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Scotty Moore, James Burton, D.J. Fontana, Mary Ann Mobley, Tony Curtis, Ben E. King

WANTED: Sylvester Stallone, SIMPSONS CAST, Johnny Knoxville, Wee-Man, Preston Lacy, Dave England, Danger Ehren, Chris Pontius, Brandon Dicamillo, Chris Raab, Rake Yohn, Ricky Gervais, Gene Wilder, Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Bill Murray, Robin Williams.