IRC's Online?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
WFC_Rob
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

IRC's Online?

Post by WFC_Rob »

Is it possible to buy IRC's online?
I'm hoping to try and get Kanye West's autograph after seeing him live on Tuesday. :D
Any help on this will be appreciated.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

I'm sorry WFC_Rob, I haven't heard of any site that did sell IRC's online.

Your best bet would be to go to a post office and buy some.

nowandagain [rockon]
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: IRC's Online?

Post by TheCollector »

WFC_Rob wrote:Is it possible to buy IRC's online?
I'm hoping to try and get Kanye West's autograph after seeing him live on Tuesday. :D
Any help on this will be appreciated.
The Royal Mail don't sell IRC's from their website unfortunately :(

Like nowandagain says, it is a Post Office job unfortunately :?

Ian :mrgreen:
cowboys
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cowboys »

Its funny how little IRCs are used now days.

Just about each and every time I've bought IRCs from the post office recently, I've had to tell the employee where to stamp them. And the response is always the same:

"I've never sold an IRC before".
mkainsworth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mkainsworth »

In Canada you can purchase IRC's through the Canada Post website/store
Liason Forever
tinker_mel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tinker_mel »

When I buy IRC's, I usually buy all of their stock. It's usally about £8 but it saves a lot of time :)
~*+*My Autograph Collection*+*~ -
http://www.rebelautographs.com :D
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

cowboys wrote:Just about each and every time I've bought IRCs from the post office recently, I've had to tell the employee where to stamp them. And the response is always the same:

"I've never sold an IRC before".
I haven't had that problem when I go to Australia Post. However, every single time I've bought an IRC, the employee has to do a search of their computer enter IRC's in correctly. That usually takes a few minutes as they first search for IRC, then International Reply...

The bad thing is that IRC's cost $2.50 here, and that's kind of expensive.

nowandagain [rockon]
spannna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spannna »

ive had the same kind of thing happen here....i usually buy them in bulk....and they specially order them in for me because im the only one that ever asks for them.they scurry around looking for the code and then ask me which side they have to be stamped on.
If australia post sold them online and cheaper, would make things more convieniant and alot cheaper.......$2.50 per IRC plus $1.85 stamp and 2 envelopes makes this a very expensive hobby....especially if they come back RTS and have post marked the stamps :(
Bring on an online service!!!
Latest success: Susan Sarandon vv
Latest RTS: Christopher lloyd
In Person: michael dorman, abbie cornish, joel edgerton, sam worthington, sigrid thornton (pics to come when photobucket comes back online)
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

spannna wrote:ive had the same kind of thing happen here....i usually buy them in bulk....and they specially order them in for me because im the only one that ever asks for them.they scurry around looking for the code and then ask me which side they have to be stamped on.
If australia post sold them online and cheaper, would make things more convieniant and alot cheaper.......$2.50 per IRC plus $1.85 stamp and 2 envelopes makes this a very expensive hobby....especially if they come back RTS and have post marked the stamps :(
Bring on an online service!!!
Wow spannna, I've never had to have them order them in for me. I've bought IRC's from 3 different post offices here and they've always had them in stock (once, the staff member had to go to the back and get a new stack of them because she didn't have enough of them with her at the counter.)

I don't know which post offices you go to, but everyone I've bought IRC's from has known exactly what they are and where to stamp them. I don't have to remind them. The only response I get is that they don't sell too many of them or haven't sold them in a while, and that they have to do a search on the computer to find the right code to enter the purchase in the comptuer.

IRC's are very expensive to send out here, especially since you have to factor in the cost of postage to the relevant celebrity and envelopes etc. It adds up, so usually I only can send out 5 or so requests at one time over a period of time. I've got a few requests out there at the moment, but if the celebrities I want to write to were here in Australia, it would make it much easier and cheaper...

nowandagain [rockon]
cowboys
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cowboys »

yeah nowandagain - we need more movies being produced out here ;)

That's why I want to know if Res. Evil 3 has got an Aust. contact address so I can try contacting Milla Jovovich there.

And hopefully Joss Whedon decides to do Wonderwoman out here so I can contact him and whoever he decides on for Wonderwoman (Eliza Dushku, Moreena Baccarin, or Charisma Carpenter - I don't mind which heheheh)

:D