SPRING TRAINING 2011!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
jon052101
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SPRING TRAINING 2011!

Post by jon052101 »

hey guys, i started to send mails on 03/01 and until now i have not received any from them. is it normal?
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

jon052101 wrote:hey guys, i started to send mails on 03/01 and until now i have not received any from them. is it normal?
thats only 2 weeks ago, I wouldnt worry yet, also depends on who you sent to
#-John-#
dudeinohio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dudeinohio »

got a michale cuddyer card back. i mailed it out the first week of st, but i knew i'd get it back eventually. i got a couple back from him in december that he had taken home and signed
DeathBoyTheSick
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DeathBoyTheSick »

FINALLY on the board this Spring..

Daniel Hudson - 1/2 (12 days)
Rafael Soriano - 2/2 (10 days)
"Everybody has the perfect strategy, until I punch them in the face." - Mike Tyson

“Tonight, just like I did in America, I’m gonna dominate you Raven. Your time in FWA will be "Nevermore", you can quote that.. BlTCH!” - CM Punk - FWA

Please check out my site - A WORK IN PROGRESS!! - http://sicksgraphs.webs.com/
JayHo7284
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JayHo7284 »

I don't know what to make of this. I've only gotten 2 successes back so far (Tony LaRussa & Mariano Rivera), out of 15 I sent off at the start of Spring Training. Hope I start to get a lot more so I don't feel like I wasted so much time, energy & money. But I guess it was definitely worth a shot because I sent to some pretty big names.
redsox787
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by redsox787 »

I sent out 20 back on February 25th and I have yet to receive any of them back! I know that there is still time before the season but can't help but get a little worried.
jon052101
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jon052101 »

i sent:

3/01 - 12 mails
3/02 - 6
3/04 - 18
3/05 - 1

received: nothing
jdp3577

Post by jdp3577 »

JayHo7284 wrote:I don't know what to make of this. I've only gotten 2 successes back so far (Tony LaRussa & Mariano Rivera), out of 15 I sent off at the start of Spring Training. Hope I start to get a lot more so I don't feel like I wasted so much time, energy & money. But I guess it was definitely worth a shot because I sent to some pretty big names.
the big names are the problem, most of the big name players aren't going to sign. Ill take a shot at a few but for the most part I stick with rookies and younger players.
#-John-#
dudeinohio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dudeinohio »

you guys need patience. i've had some cards that have taken almost a yr. granted, i've lost a few, thanks ken griffey jr and derek jeter. but ive also had alot of good success. just give it time. right now is when everybody starts getting alot of mail, but they also slow down on signing because if theyre in a position battle, theyre focused on that. if they dont get to your stuff now, they will once the season starts.
as for wasting time and money, its the risk you take. nothing is guaranteed. i've sent out probably 50 things this spring, and only gotten about 6 back, but i know i'll get them sometime. just give it time.
to quote will smith in bad boys- woosah man, wooooosaaaaah
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

If all you get is LaRussa and Mo Rivera, you had an awesome Spring. That's two Hall Of Famers out of 15. I sent 500 letters last year, had a 32% success rate and didn't even gamble on the big names. But I still am getting returns. I got back Cuddyer just yesterday. I got Dusty baker last month, i sent that to 2009 ST.

Patience is crucial. And you have to realize ST gets worse every year. More and more send and they get bombarded with mail. I've come to the realization that it's better to just wait and send during the season. They are only at the ST facility for 6-7 weeks, they are at the stadium for 6 months.