ALOT of successes!! - UPDATED

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Piper
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Piper »

Those are so cool! Are you going to at least post a list of who's in that box so we can have first dibs? :lol:
Angelina Jolie looks authentic to me, but her "style" would be easy to mimic, I think, so who knows? And I've never seen her do the "XX" thing after her signature.
vwbug53
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vwbug53 »

Awesome Kayla, do you think you know who this is I can;t figure it out:

PhillyPhan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by PhillyPhan »

that is a sick find
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vivalakayla »

sex_is_not_the_enemy wrote:Hi vivalakayla

Those are great successes ... although I'm not too sure on the authenticity of them.

Did the seller give you any proof such as a certified COA? Photographs of them obtaining the autographs?

By comparing your autographs to TTM and in-person autographs, it seems like someone has "tried" to make it look signed by the celebrity. If you look closely at some of them, it looks as if the same pressure and speed was used throughout the "signing" in addition to the sloppy, scrappy handwriting.

In my opinion, some of them are definately fake. Eg, Kim Basinger, Hilary Duff, Heidi Klum, Kate WInslet and Britney Spears. I'm almost certain that they don't sign like the signatures on your index cards.

Just remember, its only my opinion. If you feel that some, if not all, are fake, you should contact your seller ASAP. These forgers bring down the hobby of autograph collecting.
There was really no seller, the way those Storage Unit Auctions run, it's like if the owner doesn't pay and misses a bill they have the right to put it up for auction the person who owned that stuff including the autographs wasn't even there.

I agree with you though, some seem real and some seem fake. I've been looking through so many webpages for autographs of those above people and they look different but then again the same, it's hard to say.
vivalakayla

Post by vivalakayla »

Piper wrote:Those are so cool! Are you going to at least post a list of who's in that box so we can have first dibs? :lol:
Angelina Jolie looks authentic to me, but her "style" would be easy to mimic, I think, so who knows? And I've never seen her do the "XX" thing after her signature.
Yeah it does look authentic. I can barely read Angelina's writing, very sloppy.

I'm going to scan some more tomorrow and post some more. If anyone wants any I'll probably be selling them for a few dollars, Everything is going towards Camp Sunshine :) campsunshine.org
vivalakayla

Post by vivalakayla »

vwbug53 wrote:Awesome Kayla, do you think you know who this is I can;t figure it out:

No sorry :( I can barely read her autograph.
horror66
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by horror66 »

A celebrity will likely sign whatever you put in front of them. I'm not saying they are all real but there's about a 50/50 chance of it. Seriously though- anybody will sign an index card. I have Jack Nicholson's autograph on an index card (through the mail in about '97.) The Angelina Jolie looks pretty real. Her autograph has changed over the years. I wrote her in '96 and received an inscribed 8x10 and her auto looked exact to the way it does now- other than that you could actually read her name. She even wrote out the envelope. She wasn't even close to being as famous as she is now. Just thought I'd gloat.
horror66
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by horror66 »

Though I've got to say that all of those you posted look pretty sketchy. As in the signatures themselves seem kind of off.
simba
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by simba »

vivalakayla wrote:
vwbug53 wrote:Awesome Kayla, do you think you know who this is I can;t figure it out:

No sorry :( I can barely read her autograph.
I recognize it. I think I've seen it here before. :?
harrylare
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrylare »

I totally agree with sex_is_not_the_enemy. these don't look good at all. Whoever actually signed these did a decent job on a couple of them. LOL