College Athletes?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
theman27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: College Athletes?

Post by theman27 »

What players sign?
PM ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MY SUCCESSES!!!!!!!!
packrat

Post by packrat »

Try doing some research. Check the sports sites and bbs. Read through the threads. To come up with a list of guys who sign is a bit tedious. It's also a bit preumptious of you to think we'll dig around for you to come up with a list of names. Sorry.
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

In the last six or seven years, most major NCAA schools have not allowed their athletes to sign through the mail.

Also, coaches will not sign for children of the recruiting age (high school) if you tell them you are that age in your letter.That could be considered a violation of NCAA recruiting rules (gifts, etc.)

I remember a day when I was able to write Peyton Manning c/o Tennessee and get a photo of him signed.

Those days are long gone now and it really isn't because of dealers, though I'd love to blame them.

More or less, the hassle the NCAA gives these schools when a small infraction is rumored in terms of investigation,etc., isn't worth the trouble.

Also, some coaches are too concerned with protecting their "brand" and making the autograph buck for themselves like Calipari, Lane Kiffin, Roy Williams and a select few others that either send autopens or refuse to sign TTM altogether.

I shake my head in disbelief when I think of how the true coaching greats like the late John Wooden, Pat Summitt and Coach K sign nearly all the mail they received/receive, but a couple coaches with zero national crowns can't.
Mbarr23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mbarr23 »

got david warsofsky the BU hockey player to sign a puck ttm
Hamill-Fan80
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hamill-Fan80 »

I have gotten a ton of college athletes ttm. I will not publicly share one of my main avenues simply because I do not want a flood of mail opening up, and to have it cut off. It only applies to a few schools anyway. I will say this though...some athletic departments forward mail, more than you'd think. And if you can find the kids home address, your odds increase too, and it can be done. Auburn and Alabama will not forward your fan mail though, I can guarantee that. And Cam Newton does not sign fan mail either. His home address is even a black hole. He's a douche bag, don't even bother with his autograph. In 5 years you could buy one on clearance.
Roger Staubach TTM
Hamill-Fan80
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hamill-Fan80 »

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:In the last six or seven years, most major NCAA schools have not allowed their athletes to sign through the mail.

Also, coaches will not sign for children of the recruiting age (high school) if you tell them you are that age in your letter.That could be considered a violation of NCAA recruiting rules (gifts, etc.)

I remember a day when I was able to write Peyton Manning c/o Tennessee and get a photo of him signed.

Those days are long gone now and it really isn't because of dealers, though I'd love to blame them.

More or less, the hassle the NCAA gives these schools when a small infraction is rumored in terms of investigation,etc., isn't worth the trouble.

Also, some coaches are too concerned with protecting their "brand" and making the autograph buck for themselves like Calipari, Lane Kiffin, Roy Williams and a select few others that either send autopens or refuse to sign TTM altogether.

I shake my head in disbelief when I think of how the true coaching greats like the late John Wooden, Pat Summitt and Coach K sign nearly all the mail they received/
receive, but a couple coaches with zero national crowns can't.
Its not quite as dire as you make it sound. Hell in the past month I've gotten Andrew Luck and Jimmer Fredette TTM. You've gotta actually try rather than sulking and assuming no one signs anymore. You're right, some don't...but more do than your post would lead someone to believe.
Roger Staubach TTM
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

Hamill-Fan80 wrote:And Cam Newton does not sign fan mail either. His home address is even a black hole. He's a douche bag, don't even bother with his autograph. In 5 years you could buy one on clearance.
A bit too judgmental on a guy just because he doesn't autograph mail. He might very well be a d-bag for other reasons.

Not answering mail, though, isn't worth of that distinction in my mind.
packrat

Post by packrat »

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:Those days are long gone now and it really isn't because of dealers, though I'd love to blame them.
Yeah, it is. It's the single-most reason for the restrictions that have been put into place. Take the dealers out of the picture and most colleges would loosen their restrictions, if they don't outright rescind them. I've already given my reason why, so there's no need for me to be redundant.
Hamill-Fan80
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hamill-Fan80 »

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:
Hamill-Fan80 wrote:And Cam Newton does not sign fan mail either. His home address is even a black hole. He's a douche bag, don't even bother with his autograph. In 5 years you could buy one on clearance.
A bit too judgmental on a guy just because he doesn't autograph mail. He might very well be a d-bag for other reasons.

Obviously you don't even know who I'm referring to.
Roger Staubach TTM
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

Hamill-Fan80 wrote:
CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:

Obviously you don't even know who I'm referring to.
Obviously, you have no clue who you're talking about. I've forgotten more about sports than you'll probably ever know.

To put it simply, sports my livelihood. I've been on the field, not in the stands for events that many could only dream about.

I don't care what happened with Cam's father and Mississippi State, etc. The fact is that the boy wasn't proven guilty of any wrong doing as of this time.

That issue doesn't do a darn thing to cement Cam is a d-bag nor does the fact that he doesn't sign autographs through the mail.

Tim Tebow doesn't sign through the mail and didn't during his college career. Is he considered a d-bag? Nope.