Need help On Paul McCartney and Ringo Autos! PLEASE

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
JLFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Need help On Paul McCartney and Ringo Autos! PLEASE

Post by JLFan17 »

Hey guys!
I plan on purchasing an autographed record for a family member and wanted to get 2nd opinions on who trusts these autos. to be real..it comes witha COA from the american society of memorabilia. any opinions will be great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/LP-Record-Signed-Be ... 3f06530369
TexasFright
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Need help On Paul McCartney and Ringo Autos! PLEASE

Post by TexasFright »

IDK, wait for someone to chime in but it seems really low priced...I've seen just Paul sell for $500+. Place I just bought a couple things from has a couple of just Paul records for almost $1,000 each.

I do like his rant about authentication places, I actually sent in 3 John Carpenter autographs I got signed by him in front of me in my car on the way to the airport to PSA and they said all 3 were fake (I had 7 of them signed and planned on reselling 3)...ever since then I could care less about authentication.
JLFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JLFan17 »

Thank you for your opinion. I liked his rant as well. True, unless he believes he will get even more if someone bids on it. I think I might just purchase this item and then if comes to find out it is fake, well we learn from our mistakes but until then we will enjoy what we purchase and listen to the record a few times....I will try to see if any other autographs match up...just some more research :)
TexasFright
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TexasFright »

idk, he has too much on there. I don't know anyone who has 2 stephen king auto books and 2 tiger wood golf balls and start them at $1 no reserve. I know Woods stopped signing golf balls in 1995/96 and then can be worth like $1,500+
JLFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JLFan17 »

Ya I agree with you actually...When I looked under my ebay account I notcied someone bought the one I waslooking at and when I looked for the others...I didnt find them...and this was after I started asking him questions about the place that gave him the COA and if they were really signed...hmmm :?
TexasFright
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TexasFright »

Yeah, I mean here's a couple ones from a legit place that are like $2,000.... he seems to have 2 sigs, full name and quick sig...his full sig which this guy seems to be trying to sell doesn't match. It's like he did his best to copy but alot of it is different. His made up story about cosign for his friend is stupid, anyone who has this type of 'authentic" merchandise would have it in a legitimate auction.

http://www.jgautographs.com/products/Mu ... ney/161416
http://www.jgautographs.com/products/Mu ... ney/179702