Rollie Fingers demand...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
mrgoo1
$10 gift certificate winner

Rollie Fingers demand...

Post by mrgoo1 »

I wrote Mr. Fingers a LOR and included a postcard for his reply, asking how much he would want to sign a baseball. He told me $15 for signing and $5 for inscription. I've seen him sign for $10 with HOF inscription, but charging me more is a little bit wrong in my book. Still, I'll pay because it's cheaper than many HOFers charge. I am trying to decide on what inscription I would like him to write, either his HOF year or '74 WS MVP. Opinions?
Recently Received: Roger Craig, Dane Iorg, Lonnie Smith
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Rollie Fingers demand...

Post by countpaul »

Yeah, you might have been better of send hime the 10 and wait. :)
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
MJS73
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MJS73 »

He demanded his fee in the same way you demanded an autograph. That is to say, neither were demands, but requests. That said, it's pretty well known that with Rollie you send your item and $10 cash and he'll sign it.

Mike
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

Why even waste the time and money to write and ask a question that is common knowledge. He knew what you were trying to do, which is why he quoted you more than the $10 he always charges.

I'm not looking to pick on you, but if you found his address, and asked how much he charges; he knows you know he charges. If you just sent the ten bucks, instead of being told you now need to pay $5 extra, you would have asigned sweet spot w/ Hall Of Fame inscription. These guys are not stupid, and Rollie is one of the cheapest signatures available. Honestly I don't blame him for being a bit irritated by the whole situation.

When you have forums like this and all the other ones with the players who charge, there is no reason to try and write them in hopes of being told "hey for you, no charge"! Just do what the rest of us do, send the requested fee, and wait for the success.
mrgoo1

Post by mrgoo1 »

Wasn't hoping for a no charge. I just wanted to know from the horses mouth and not have it sent back. Whoever said there were no dumb questions? Why be irritated and expect money from someone? I'll just use my alternative address and send in $10. Boy, some people can be stinkers on here.

"I'm not looking to pick on you, but if you found his address, and asked how much he charges; he knows you know he charges. If you just sent the ten bucks, instead of being told you now need to pay $5 extra, you would have asigned sweet spot w/ Hall Of Fame inscription. These guys are not stupid, and Rollie is one of the cheapest signatures available. Honestly I don't blame him for being a bit irritated by the whole situation."

What situation? Asking never hurt anyone, from my experience. I asked for an opinion on the inscription, not the opinion on what he wants. Thanks anyway!
magnificent5762
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magnificent5762 »

mrgoo1 wrote:Wasn't hoping for a no charge. I just wanted to know from the horses mouth and not have it sent back. Whoever said there were no dumb questions? Why be irritated and expect money from someone? I'll just use my alternative address and send in $10. Boy, some people can be stinkers on here.

"I'm not looking to pick on you, but if you found his address, and asked how much he charges; he knows you know he charges. If you just sent the ten bucks, instead of being told you now need to pay $5 extra, you would have asigned sweet spot w/ Hall Of Fame inscription. These guys are not stupid, and Rollie is one of the cheapest signatures available. Honestly I don't blame him for being a bit irritated by the whole situation."

What situation? Asking never hurt anyone, from my experience. I asked for an opinion on the inscription, not the opinion on what he wants. Thanks anyway!
Some of you guys are bein a little harsh.. but yea it is commonly known that $10 will get his Sig. But its fine.. live and learn
Ink&Bones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ink&Bones »

mrgoo1 wrote:I wrote Mr. Fingers a LOR and included a postcard for his reply, asking how much he would want to sign a baseball. He told me $15 for signing and $5 for inscription. I've seen him sign for $10 with HOF inscription, but charging me more is a little bit wrong in my book. Still, I'll pay because it's cheaper than many HOFers charge. I am trying to decide on what inscription I would like him to write, either his HOF year or '74 WS MVP. Opinions?
Have him sign, "Sorry I charged you more than everyone else"
Last IP: Author Hilari Bell-Sept. 17, 2010
Favorite TTM Autographs: Pawn Stars Cast, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Brett Rickaby, Lance Burton, Charlie Daniels, Oddities Cast, R.L. Stine, George Lopez, Dennis Quaid, John Carpenter, Amazing Kreskin, Dame Judi Dench, Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, George Hardy, Electric Prunes, Robert LaSardo, Ozzy Osbourne, Jack Ketchum, Adrian Raeside, Brian Crane, Amon Amarth, Laura Bush, Daniel Tosh, Ted Alderman, Michael Phelps, Jay Leno, Judge Judy, Herb Alpert, Inna, 311, Larry Zerner, Wilco and Sylvia Lewis

Check out my new Autograph website: http://sydsautographs.webs.com/
Join my site NOW and be entered to win FOUR Authentic Autographs!! Drawing is on 1/30/11 at 5pm!!
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

Its common knowledge that most HOF's have a certain price they charge...but MOST will sign for a bit cheaper with a nice letter. Rollie will almost always sign if you include $10, even though he states $15. He's not trying to screw you. Whitey Ford will sign for $25-30 on a baseball...but his quoted price is $50. Several others do this...its up to you if you want to take a shot at getting your ball back unsigned.
mrgoo1

Post by mrgoo1 »

Well, folks, I finally mailed off to Mr FIngers and recieved my ball inscribed. I did pay $15 and he included his Hall of Fame inscription. Took only 9 days (12-28-10/1-6-10). Mailed to the Vegas address. Some of you guys dont have to be a**es about it though. I did like the one suggestion, which was all I asked for!Thanks for playing.
All the other harsh comments is why I dont post on here often (and I've had 58 successes since October). If you're feeling froggy, hop away!
chriscollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chriscollector »

mrgoo1 wrote:Well, folks, I finally mailed off to Mr FIngers and recieved my ball inscribed. I did pay $15 and he included his Hall of Fame inscription. Took only 9 days (12-28-10/1-6-10). Mailed to the Vegas address. Some of you guys dont have to be a**es about it though. I did like the one suggestion, which was all I asked for!Thanks for playing.
All the other harsh comments is why I dont post on here often (and I've had 58 successes since October). If you're feeling froggy, hop away!
If you post a question, don't expect to only hear what you want. You wanted opinions, you got them. You did somehthing stupid, he knew what you were doing, and he beat you at your game. Everyone gets him w/ inscription for $10, you knew that in advance, but tried to chip him down.

As for you not posting because someone was mean to you; somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.