Anybody else hate these ASCPA commercials?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Anybody else hate these ASCPA commercials?

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

Just wondering if anybody else on this forum hate the ASCPA commercials. There commercials to donate money to the ASCPA ; they play sad music and then have videos of a cute dogs and kittens with captions underneath saying things like "Homeless , Never loved, Left Alone"

I hate these commercials! As a Dog and in general Animal lover I get really sad when I see them. I usually just turn away or change the channel :lol:

What do you do when these type of commercials come on
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

Check out my photobucket (not all of my pics are up yet): http://adf.ly/KIER
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Anybody else hate these ASCPA commercials?

Post by Tabby »

Yeah, they try to take a toll on your emotions to get you to donate. When I see those commercials I change the channel.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

They used to come on all the time, to the point where I actually got tired of Sarah McLachlan, but they don't seem to air much anymore. In terms of annoying charity commercials though, I still think the Christian Children's Fund (or whatever they're called these days) is tops.
countrygal23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countrygal23 »

oh i cant stand them! i love animals so much and seeing the commercial just upsets me. When it comes on i usually change the channel or put it on mute and do something else for a minute.

By the way i once cried watching it :'(
~~~~~~Thanks Seb88 for my WONDERFUL siggy and crisabell for my AMAZING set!~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! im back and ready to start helping out!
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

They are so depressing i cant watch them and i always turn the channel. I honestly think they would be far better off just having a person talk and explain how much they need your donation to help the animals because nobody wants to see these commercials. {down}
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Just saw a similar ad here in Aus. To be honest, they have the wrong effect. I look away or flick channels instead of watching.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

Oh yeah, they depress me. I can't watch them.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
Yerpik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Yerpik »

You know what is actually sad, http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... orgid=3286

Their president made $473,998 in 2008.
- Josh (Letters from Legends)
http://www.lettersfromlegends.com

If anyone needs help with TTM that is something Letters from Legends can help you with.
Check out our site and join our small community.
We can help you with questions, web pages, anything regarding TTM and collecting.
astrosfan4life
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by astrosfan4life »

I hate them. I really hate the one where they play "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan because that's the song we played at my great grandmothers funeral. :cry: I always have to change the channel.
Future Army Soldier. Hooah! I want to be a 12 Bravo aka Combat Engineer.

Most wanted: Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Mickey Gilley

Favorite IP: Buster Posey (ball), Ubaldo Jimenez (ball), Todd Helton, Miguel Tejada (ball), Pablo Sandoval (ball), Goose Gossage (full size helmet, and personalized autographed 8x10), Joe Torre (ball), Hunter Pence (ball), Michael Bourn (ball), Justin Upton (ball), J.D. Walton (personalized autographed 8x10), Kevin Kouzmanoff (ball)

Favorite TTM's: Todd Helton (ball and custom notecard), Bobby Doerr (ball), Goose Gossage (ball), Bud Selig (ball), Rollie Fingers (ball), Mariano Rivera (ball), Luis Gonzalez x2, Clint Barmes x2, Brad Ausmus x2, Alan Jackson, Duke Snider, Brooks Robinson, Jeff Foxworthy, Alan Alda, Sparky Anderson, Bob Feller, Robin Roberts, Jimmy Wynn, Virgil "Fire" Trucks, Dr. James Andrews, Martina McBride, Josh Turner, Justin Moore, Toby Keith x2, Rob Dyrdek, Milo Hamilton (ball)