2010: your ttm best success and worst failure

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: 2010: your ttm best success and worst failure

Post by ScottishDan »

Best: Tom Hanks (sorry if I brag about it all the time)
Worst: Not got one :)
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

I have got back so many great ones this year its hard to pick just one but i would say my best success was getting back my pictures signed from mary elizabeth winstead and then a few months later getting back more from mary winstead because i wrote to her twice. The worst is just all the people i wrote and never heard back from.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

johnnylightning wrote: The worst is just all the people i wrote and never heard back from.
That, too!!
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Good thread idea btw.

I am going to break it into more precise catagories for mine. Best autograph indicates what the best autograph would be to the neutral, based on the celebs fame,stature, job, talent,success etc, and what the autos worth would be. Best reply disregards who the celeb is and how famous they are, it is simply the best success ''beyond the autograph'' so to speak. Technically, a failure is a lack of a reply, so only RTS and non-responses count there. Here we are:

Female Male
Best Autograph Catherine Zeta-Jones George Bush
Best Reply Freida Pinto Schalke FC
Worst Failure Katy Perry* Robert De Niro+

* Wrote to her three different times for no response. Add to that I bought her auto last year, but the user never mailed it.
+ got a RTS from when he was filming here in Australia. Just a day or two late. Sooo frustrating.

To elaborate on my best replies for a second. I wrote to Schalke requesting two autographs, they kindly sent me those two plus five more! Raul is a legend of the game, it felt so good to get his auto.
I wrote to Freida Pinto around mid-year,just before my birthday. Not only did she pay the very expensive Canadian postage, she supplied a bigger envelope then my SAE and put in cardboard to protect it. It sadly came back just past my birthday. She signed my two photos with absolutely lovely inscriptions,as well as my index card. She also signed a picture meant for her to keep (she must have brushed over the final part of my letter), and wrote ''wishing you a very happy birthday James'' on the back of it. As if that wasn't enough, on the back of my 6*4, she wrote a short but very sweet letter. It's not often you can truely say this, but her note has,quite possibly, changed the course of my life!
Honourable mentions go to Gemma Arterton and Isabel Lucas, for both not only sending me autographs,but a lovely note also.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
Big Ben
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Big Ben »

jtalmodovar26 wrote:or if I ever get my Paul McCartney VV back
Hiya there :D

May I ask via which venue you've written to Sir Paul, please? I've sent some requests to him via different venues this year, and didn't receive anything :-( .

However, good luck to both of us {up} .
Comments on authenticity welcome!

Check out my website:

http://bens-autographs.webs.com/ - Don't forget to sign into my guest book, please :-)
oldies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by oldies »

Best - Pierce Brosnan, Yoko Ono
KennyDolly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by KennyDolly »

Best: Personalized Dolly Parton, Personalized Sophia Loren, Personalized Photo & Book from Maya Angelou (Did not send book)
Worst Failure: Not really one... Kirk Douglas when everybody else was getting successes back.
Favorite Successes: ~ DOLLY PARTON ~ Maya Angelou, Joan Rivers, Loretta Lynn, Jennifer Lawrence, Cher
Most Wanted: Kenny Rogers, Julie Andrews, Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, Elizabeth Banks
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

Although I haven't really been collecting these past few months, I did receive some amazing successes towards the beginning of the year. My favourites were definitely:
Kim Cattrall - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=170798&start=0
Kat Von D - viewtopic.php?t=164851
Amanda Byram - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173169&start=0

I haven't had any RTS's or refusals but I was probably most disappointed not to hear back from Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga as I wrote to them both twice each to different venues. Also, when I didn't hear back from Sheridan Smith after spending over a week writing a very heartfelt letter and everyone else heard back but me - but that's the joys of autograph collecting for you!

I am looking forward to getting back into this hobby properly and hopefully getting some more of my most wanted autographs next year.
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
acarter13
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by acarter13 »

best-Yogi Berra and Cliff Lee
Worse- i didnt have any RTS's, all my failures were due to my own stupidity when i spell something wrong in an address.
YANKEES 27 TIME CHAMPIONS
[url=http://]Image[/url]
Last TTM success:Peter Bourjos
Last IP Success:Ben Revere
RIP Duke Snider, you will be missed
Tibooz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tibooz »

Best: Selena Gomez !! {??}
Worst: I began this year and never had a RTS, so I have no failure. The only thing I hate are the dry spells! :(
I LOVE SELLY G. :P

SELENA FOR EVER!