Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dan Aykroyd Crystal Head vodka bottle hand-signed IP

Post by johnnylightning »

They sell this at liquor stores here for 50 dollars,the same amount it would cost me to buy it from you but i would rather have the contents than the autograph haha
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

johnnylightning wrote:They sell this at liquor stores here for 50 dollars,the same amount it would cost me to buy it from you but i would rather have the contents than the autograph haha
Well, I would like to bet you that the members of this forum are more interested in the autograph than the contents of the bottle. Of the $50 you mentioned, the vodka itself accounts for maybe 1/4 of that price, the rest of the price comes from the fact that Dan Aykroyd endorses it and that the bottle is in-fact shaped like a skull (which some people think is neat...). Once Dan signed this bottle, its price automatically increased dramatically. In a legitimate auction, Dan's autograph alone sells for between $20-40. Signed bottles are even rarer, hence the price. Dan doesn't sign authentically TTM or VV anymore, only IP. If it was full, I would be asking $85, at least (look at eBay). Be my guest, if you are 21 years of age or older, live in the US, and happen to be lucky enough to live in one of the handful of cities in which Dan visits, go ahead and wait in line for 3 hours and buy yourself one. Something tells me not many many members meet those requirements. If you don't meet these requirements, or you live overseas, you're out of luck and you will have to buy from me or from an eBay seller. If you want to buy off eBay, have fun spending your paycheck... I know supply and demand. The supply is low. This is the result of the limited amount of locations he visits, the limited amount of bottles signed at those few locations, and the unwillingness of those lucky enough to obtain a bottle to give it up. Demand is high. Most people don't live in the few locations he visits, therefore can't obtain a signed bottle, but still want one. These unlucky hopeful buyers can't easily obtain one through a third party because the supply is so small due to the reasons stated above. People living overseas are even more out-of-luck. First, he doesn't have signings overseas, so that's out of the picture, and second, eBay sellers gouge prices for overseas buyers, especially S&H. Like johnnylightning said, you can always go buy an unsigned bottle for $50 and drink the horrible tasting, horror of a drink contained within and be done with it, but where is the fun in that? I did all the legwork. All someone has to do is pay this fair price and they are guaranteed to enjoy this rare, hand-signed bottle. All I wanted was my photo signed, and I accomplished that. I'm not stupid, I know what this bottle if worth empty, full, signed, or unsigned. All I'm certain of is that people are more interested in the bottle than the liquor it contains, current eBay listings confirms this. If you don't like the price, too bad. Any questions?

Grunge is Dead.
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

This offer is now on eBay: No longer up for auction

Grunge is Dead.