Cartoons have turned rubbish!

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
lummycorks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Cartoons have turned rubbish!

Post by lummycorks »

Hi

Just wondering if anyone thinks that cartoons and animations have turned rubbish. There is a Looney Tunes movie on now on ITV1 (in the UK) and all the characters look horrible!Why can't they just be good old cartoons from the '30s, '40s etc. Fireman Sam has turned to computer animation and it's been totally ruined! Postman Pat is all new as well and is rubbish! Scooby Doo is not as good either! I used to love it! I'm happy some things have stayed the same though like Wallace & Gromit!

i think at a Wallace and Gromit new series is coming out in a couple of days on CBBC about real-life inventions. Sadly though, I don't think we will be hearing Peter Sallis' legendary voice (Ben Whitehead who does the voices for the games is doing it instead!)

What do you think about the way classic cartoons have turned!?
****LUMMYCORKS****

Visit the websites:
www.thetworonnies.yolasite.com
COMING SOON - www.asktheactor.yolasite.com
Icena
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Cartoons have turned rubbish!

Post by Icena »

I don't watch cartoons that much, but the new Dennis the Menace cartoons on CBBC are weird. Especially the voices.
R.I.P Jeremy Brett, The Only Sherlock Holmes I've Ever Known.
lummycorks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lummycorks »

hi icena,

i actually like the new dennis and gnasher cartoon, but i never liked the beano! i was always a dandy fanatic!

DANDY HAS BEEN RUINED TOO!
Classic Dandy has gone! It's terrible. There is only Dandy Xtreme now and it's all new and horribly drawn in my opinion. Soz if i'm being a bit negative.

BRING BACK PROPER DANDY COMICS! NOT ALL THE BADLY DRAWN ONES!
Beano is still drawn nicely , so why isn't Dandy! WWaaah!
****LUMMYCORKS****

Visit the websites:
www.thetworonnies.yolasite.com
COMING SOON - www.asktheactor.yolasite.com
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

I hate cartoons for kids. When I was growing up, I watched Hey Arnold, Arthur, Franklin, Rugrats and Clifford. Those shows taught values to kids...about friendship, caring, kindness, and sharing. Now most shows for kids are just dumb and don't teach anything.
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

Cartoons peaked with CatDog, Cow & Chicken, I Am Weasel, Angry Beavers and the like :lol: Saying that, the Animals of Farthing Wood was pretty epic.

Got to agree with the messing around with childhood favourites. Thomas the Tank Engine, Fireman Sam, Postman Pat...whats wrong with re-runs? The reason you get the shoddy animation is its a lot cheaper/quicker to bang out that rubbish than to do the traditional methods. Don't like all these Wallace & Gromit spin-offs either, in my opinion theres only the 3 original shorts and the rest of it isn't worth bothering with.

Guess another reason why they seem not as good is that you grow out of them. Still get my cartoon fix though, just from the less child-friendly south park and family guy :lol:

EDIT:
My rage was just raised then, for I remembered that they've done the same to Pingu. Watched it a few weeks back, and it just stomped all over my cherished childhood memories :cry: WHAT DID PINGU DO TO DESERVE THAT! :lol:
Icena
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Icena »

I LOVED The Animals of Farthing Wood. Seriously. I devoted myself to that show, haha!
R.I.P Jeremy Brett, The Only Sherlock Holmes I've Ever Known.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

Cartoons are no good now i agree... I liked the original scooby doo from the 70s and the old tom & jerry and all the stuff pre 1980,although they did make a few not bad ones in the 1980s like he man and gijoe and teenage mutant ninja turtles... {up} [ca]The 1960's spiderman cartoon was awesome too!!!
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

The 1980's and 90's was a renaissance of cartoon programming. This time period produced instant classics. They also included some of the most recognizable theme songs in cartoon series history!

People my age had a wonderful childhood! :mrgreen:
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
summer.wine10
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by summer.wine10 »

i think wallace and gromit are great!!!
they should have bothered with te curse of the were rabbit and a matter of loaf and death.
i think peter sallis and nick park are great!!!
LAUREL AND HARDY!
RONNIE BARKER!
SUMMER WINE!
MORECAMBE AND WISE!

pasta
jtalmodovar26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jtalmodovar26 »

I miss Ren & Stimpy. I hate newer cartoons. there not funny and have no real point
Waiting for: Donald Trump ; Will Ferrell ; Bill Nye the Science Guy ; Bryan Cranston ; Steve Ballmer ; ozzy ;Rick Moranis ;Tom Savini ; Daniel Tosh ; Clint Eastwood ;Stephen Colbert ; Tom Herr ;Chris Gardner ; Steve Carell ; Jack Mcbrayer ;Nancy Pelosi ; Anthony Weiner ; R.L stine , Ray Bradbury ; Harrison Ford ;Tom Scholz ; Steve Martin ; Carlos Santana
Autographs (TTM): Pawn Stars ; Theodore Gray ; Jillian Michaels ; Sid Meiers ; Clive Cussler ; Jay Leno ; Sen. Mike Sturla ; Bear Grylls ; Gov. Ed Rendell ; The Fonz! ; A-rod ; Hugh Laurie ; Steve Wozniak ; MythBusters! (Tori , Grant , Kari!); Bill Clinton! ; Arnold Schwarzenneger (X2)
Chevy Chase ; John Lasseter ; Ben Bernanke ; VP Joe Biden ; Jenna Fischer ; Peter Billingsley ; Marcus Hamilton ; Ed Asner

Check out my photobucket (not all of my pics are up yet): http://adf.ly/KIER