Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by JasonS »

revenantmedia wrote:Oh my stars and garters, Jason. I thought I wrote "suck up" letters :)

Awesome response!
Thank you Dr. McCoy.
Use google before you ask. Seriously.
revenantmedia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by revenantmedia »

Has anyone gotten anything back from Neal Adams?
http://www.revenantmedia.com
http://www.twitter.com/revenant_media
http://www.facebook.com/revenantmedia
2012; Norman Reedus, Sarah Wayne Callies, Emily Kinney, Gale Anne Hurd, IronE Singleton, Erik Larsen (w/sketch)
2011;Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Charlaine Harris, Jimmy Carter, J H Williams III (w/sketch), Daryl Banks (w/sketch), Phyllis Diller, Laura Bush, George Bush, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies, Chandler Riggs, Jeffrey Demunn, Melissa McBride
2010; Stan Lee, Betty White, Erik Larsen (w/sketch), Erica Cerra, Judge Judy, Richard Dreyfuss, Phyllis Diller, Todd McFarlane, Chris Bachalo (w/sketch), Gail Anne Hurd, Frank Darabont, Dan Jurgens (w/sketch), Dave Filoni (w/sketch), Misha Collins, Sarah Wayne Callies, Emma Bell, Chandler Riggs, Jeffrey DeMunn, Norm Breyfogle (w/sketch), Rob Guillory (w/sketch), Steven Yuen, Greg Nicotero, Julie Newmar, Lynda Carter, Nancy Reagan, Rosanne Cash, Sarah Palin, The Pawn Stars, Greg Capulo
revenantmedia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by revenantmedia »

Is everyone on vacation?

BTW Jason, I got a reply back from Capullo. The address he gave me was his g/f's biz.

I sweetened the deal by offering him live shots I've taken of DISTURBED that use the backdrop he drew for them.
http://www.revenantmedia.com
http://www.twitter.com/revenant_media
http://www.facebook.com/revenantmedia
2012; Norman Reedus, Sarah Wayne Callies, Emily Kinney, Gale Anne Hurd, IronE Singleton, Erik Larsen (w/sketch)
2011;Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Charlaine Harris, Jimmy Carter, J H Williams III (w/sketch), Daryl Banks (w/sketch), Phyllis Diller, Laura Bush, George Bush, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies, Chandler Riggs, Jeffrey Demunn, Melissa McBride
2010; Stan Lee, Betty White, Erik Larsen (w/sketch), Erica Cerra, Judge Judy, Richard Dreyfuss, Phyllis Diller, Todd McFarlane, Chris Bachalo (w/sketch), Gail Anne Hurd, Frank Darabont, Dan Jurgens (w/sketch), Dave Filoni (w/sketch), Misha Collins, Sarah Wayne Callies, Emma Bell, Chandler Riggs, Jeffrey DeMunn, Norm Breyfogle (w/sketch), Rob Guillory (w/sketch), Steven Yuen, Greg Nicotero, Julie Newmar, Lynda Carter, Nancy Reagan, Rosanne Cash, Sarah Palin, The Pawn Stars, Greg Capulo
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JasonS »

I have never tried Neal Adams. I know he always charges at conventions so if you are thinking of sending to him you might want to send him a message via his website first to see if he will sign ttm and if he charges too.

I just read on Mark Evaniers website that he and Serrgio Aragones will not sign ttm. He said they used to but people abused it by sending piles of stuff, rare comics and artwork, and that items got lost by the post office resulting in some very upset fans and senders. The policy is you can send it and you MIGHT get it back, if you do it will NOT be signed. They will however sign at shows for free.

I also got an email back from Jim Balent (actually his wife) who, in short, said - Thanks for being a fan but they won't sign ttm so don't try.

Barry Kitson did send me a message saying he would sign my comic, but could I send him another email in a few months to ask for the address then. He is going to be in the USA for awhile and said I should send it then since I would save a bunch of money on postage and it would have less risk of getting lost than it going international mail. Seems fair to me. I can wait.
revenantmedia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by revenantmedia »

I still have a HUGE issue with paying for autographs, especially if I aks for it personalized.

As for not allowing TTM; Be glad I'm taking the time to write you a letter and be thankful I'm asking for an autograph. Some of these "diva" artists really burn my bisquits!

I've got my letters written for Andy Kubert and Greg Capullo .... now I just have to narrow it down to 2 books for them to sign.
JasonS
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JasonS »

Skottie Young ( I know...Who is that?) will not sign ttm too. He did send me a nice email explaining why...

"Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately I have to say no. It's not that I wouldn't love to sign your card as nothing gives me more pleasure than signing and drawing for fans. But with the number of requests I get to send things to my house I have to make it a solid rule to turn them all down or I'd be signing and shipping things back and forth everyday. I really do apologize. I will be doing more conventions in the next few years so please stop by and bring as much stuff as you want and I'll sign it all. "
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by legendwithoutaname »

Skottie Young isn't he the Wizard of Oz artist at Marvel?

Got 2 pieces in the creation process now.

Joe Rubinstein is gonna be working me up a PAID commission piece of Cosmic Spider-man

And

Lee Sullivan is working me up a Prime or Robo-cop sketch also.

Hell Joe contacted me this time as I had got a previous sketch from him before. I guess he was fishing for work and I bit.
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
darryl-zero
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by darryl-zero »

I've read through this thread for awhile, but this is the first time I posted. Thatnks for all the great addresses. I received Dan Jurgens back yesterday c/o DC, though it was postmarked from Minnesota. He signed two book and made me a great sketch. Here are some pics:
http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo29 ... -20005.jpg
legendwithoutaname

Post by legendwithoutaname »

I have to send that Booster Gold issue to be signed. I have been procrastinating on re-sending to Dan
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
cklamer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cklamer »

Just met Neal Adams for the first time over Labor Day weekend in Atlanta Georgia at DragonCon and yes he does charge $5 per autograph.

His sketches are even more expensive but my wife got me one of his limited edition art books with a sketch and it's signed 3 times plus a great Batman sketch.

By the way Stan Lee dropped by our booth to say hello and take some pictures.