Michael Jackson. Is my autograph authentic? Please help me.

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
tanusik-v
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Michael Jackson. Is my autograph authentic? Please help me.

Post by tanusik-v »

I need advice. I have offer to buy an autograph of Michael Jackson.
This person sent me a copy of autograph by email. What do you think about this?
This can be authentic?
I doubt it.
Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

http://tanya-autographs.narod.ru/Great/x_2722851c.jpg
Most Wanted: Kirk and Michael Douglas, Leslie Nilsen, David Carradine, Robert Plant, Roger Waters, Dio... And much more
dramalicious
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Michael Jackson. Is my autograph authentic? Please help

Post by dramalicious »

I don't know, I'm no expert; so don't take my advice finally. But on the back of MJ's 'Thriller' Cd he has handwritten the name of the tracks and his writing doesen't really look like the picture of his autograph at all. In Hello (magazine) there was a pic of his autograph he had written to his friend, again the M and J were very different and there was no star thing at the bottom. I have though seen other autographs with that on.
All I would say is it could be real; but if the person is selling the autograph at a ridiculously expensive price I wouldn't take the risk as there are so many fakes out there especially of an iconic star like Michael.
I will try and post the pic of the Hello autograph as I saved it the week after he died but I cannot find it at the moment
Received Recently:Joanna Lumley, Colin Firth, Judi Dench, Sophia Loren
Most wanted: ? Hugh Grant, Emma Roberts, Britney Spears, Paul Mccartney, Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Aniston ?
Waiting for: Gary Numan, Lauren Conrad (woah, no need to take 7months lauren, Rihanna, Lady Gaga.color]
[color=#FF8040]about to send out (I take forever): Gwen Stefani

tanusik-v
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tanusik-v »

dramalicious wrote:I don't know, I'm no expert; so don't take my advice finally. But on the back of MJ's 'Thriller' Cd he has handwritten the name of the tracks and his writing doesen't really look like the picture of his autograph at all. In Hello (magazine) there was a pic of his autograph he had written to his friend, again the M and J were very different and there was no star thing at the bottom. I have though seen other autographs with that on.
All I would say is it could be real; but if the person is selling the autograph at a ridiculously expensive price I wouldn't take the risk as there are so many fakes out there especially of an iconic star like Michael.
I will try and post the pic of the Hello autograph as I saved it the week after he died but I cannot find it at the moment

Dramalicious, thank you for your reply and your opinion.

I found it strange that the seller is selling an autograph is very cheap and it is strange that the seller said that the autograph was obtained backstage after a concert. I think it was not possible to reach of Michael.also seems strange that the autograph is very accurate (the word "love" and accurate star at the end). And it's strange why the autograph on the white sheet? Fans always have a photo or disk...for signing.

Any one else have opinions? I will be grateful for your answers.

(Forgive me for my English)
Most Wanted: Kirk and Michael Douglas, Leslie Nilsen, David Carradine, Robert Plant, Roger Waters, Dio... And much more
balladesque
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by balladesque »

tanusik-v wrote:
dramalicious wrote:I don't know, I'm no expert; so don't take my advice finally. But on the back of MJ's 'Thriller' Cd he has handwritten the name of the tracks and his writing doesen't really look like the picture of his autograph at all. In Hello (magazine) there was a pic of his autograph he had written to his friend, again the M and J were very different and there was no star thing at the bottom. I have though seen other autographs with that on.

I found it strange that the seller is selling an autograph is very cheap and it is strange that the seller said that the autograph was obtained backstage after a concert. I think it was not possible to reach of Michael.also seems strange that the autograph is very accurate (the word "love" and accurate star at the end). And it's strange why the autograph on the white sheet? Fans always have a photo or disk...for signing.

I definitely agree that it is strange that someone would just bring a piece of paper. It looks authentic but I wouldn't risk it.
tanusik-v
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tanusik-v »

balladesque wrote:
tanusik-v wrote:

I definitely agree that it is strange that someone would just bring a piece of paper. It looks authentic but I wouldn't risk it.
Balladesque, thank you for your reply.
tanusik-v
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tanusik-v »

I found Michael's autograph on the Internet. This signature is very similar to the one that I offered to buy. I compare them and the only difference in the first letter M, then everything looks like the same photo. Even the distance between the letters are identical. What do you think about this?

http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1005/a3/c0da57c5406a.jpg

and this one. A little difference only first letter M.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3001/sta ... 6eb23b3_XL
DrWhoAutographs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DrWhoAutographs »

Believe me, that's a really bad fake. Keep away from it.
tanusik-v
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tanusik-v »

DrWhoAutographs wrote:Believe me, that's a really bad fake. Keep away from it.

DrWhoAutographs, thanks for your advice. I think too.