Why are all of John Travolta's successes so hotly debated?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Why are all of John Travolta's successes so hotly debated?

Post by arrowsup »

Without considering authenticity I am curious why Travolta posts always degenerate into debates without reason. Travolta has always been a generous signer IP, and he signs alot so his autos aren't valuable -- Why then do people have such passionate opinions on his ttm authenticity?

Many stars of his caliber have successes posted on these boards (Eastwood, De Niro, Redford, Striesand, etc...) and they may generate some debate, but it is short and civil as comapred to the Travolta posts. Does Travolta possess some star quality beyond what I can comprehend, what is it about Travolta that gets people so upset?
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Why are all of John Travolta's successes so hotly debated?

Post by WildChild96 »

Yeah, I noticed that too...I don't know.
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

I think its mainly due to the fact that his turnarounds are so quick. Also, there have been times where people have gotten successes when he was out of the country for an extended period of time and wouldn't have been able to sign.
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WildChild96 »

True. If you take a look, and I mean really take a look at a legitimate Travolta IP or one obtained through a movie set (there have been authentics obtained through movie sets), and compare them with the Travolta TTM's, it may not look like it at first, but there ARE differences.
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

Not me!!! When I hear the name John Travolta, all I can picture is his booty in Grease and then I'm unable to debate anything!! :lol:

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

margotchanning wrote:Not me!!! When I hear the name John Travolta, all I can picture is his booty in Grease and then I'm unable to debate anything!! :lol:
ahhhh...so that's why I rarely see the female perspective in those debates!!.....that's a great explanation. :D
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

Its a debate because nobody wants to hear the word "sec". they cry if they hear thier john travolta autograph is fake. "john" has to get thousands of autograph requests a day. he does have a family life and a work life. hes a very busy man. when his son died "john" was still sending out autographs. When John was in Haiti. "john" was still sending out autographs. i use to believe his TTM autographs are real but when you do the math..
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

Ryco11757 wrote:Its a debate because nobody wants to hear the word "sec". they cry if they hear thier john travolta autograph is fake. "john" has to get thousands of autograph requests a day. he does have a family life and a work life. hes a very busy man. when his son died "john" was still sending out autographs. When John was in Haiti. "john" was still sending out autographs. i use to believe his TTM autographs are real but when you do the math..
Why are the Eastwood's and De Niro's not as passionately debated though? Are their signing habits more universally agreed upon by the hobby so there is less debate, or is their something about Travolta (besides his rear end - that was a funny post Margot!) that inspires such a polarizing effect?.
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

arrowsup wrote:
Ryco11757 wrote:Its a debate because nobody wants to hear the word "sec". they cry if they hear thier john travolta autograph is fake. "john" has to get thousands of autograph requests a day. he does have a family life and a work life. hes a very busy man. when his son died "john" was still sending out autographs. When John was in Haiti. "john" was still sending out autographs. i use to believe his TTM autographs are real but when you do the math..
Why are the Eastwood's and De Niro's not as passionately debated though? Are their signing habits more universally agreed upon by the hobby so there is less debate, or is their something about Travolta (besides his rear end - that was a funny post Margot!) that inspires such a polarizing effect?.
Because whoever does travolta fanmail does a very good job at forgering his autograph. looks almost like his in-person autograph. robert de niro autograph TTM and in-person are 99% different. if you study de niro siganture than you know its a fake right away. clint eastwood is a big debate as well. alot of people said eastwood said in a interview "i dont have to read fanmail, my secs handle that"
carlyscala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlyscala »

arrowsup, i know exactly what you mean. people get very angry on here when they shouldn't. i think a lot of times its because people butt in when someone doesn't ask about authenticity and they're just happy with a reply...and because travolta's autographs ttm happy quite often we see these debates over and over again.
At the Deathly Hallows Part II premiere in NYC!
20, huge HP fan, will go to great lengths to see my
favorite cast again and again in person! :)

Favorite successes: HP trio in person, JK Rowling, all my HP autos in fact, Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Nixon (passed to me from my grandfather), Barack Obama in person, Andy Pettitte, James Franco
TWITTER: @carlyscala
My autograph blog...newly created! Still working on it :) http://carlyscala.blogspot.com/