Kid's Are All Right Premiere

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Kid's Are All Right Premiere

Post by bud simpson »

Yesterday I messed with the Hollywood premiere of the movie The Kid's Are All Right.
Got there extra early because the final game of the Laker/Celtics basketball championship was just down the street and I wanted to get in the area before it got crowded with the fans.
It was a small turn out with maybe a total of 10 fans in the barricade. I love it when its low key! Also it helped that two other events ( the basketball championship finals and the premiere of Jonah Hex ) were going on to where the dealers and ebayers can mess with. My main goal was to get Mia Wiaskowska ( Alice in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland ). I have heard that ever since the movie came out she is a very difficult autograph to get. I have gotten her once before but this was before the movie came out so there were no images avaliable from the film. At the time she was nice but she kept it to one autograph per person and she had to personalize. At the premiere last night we had to chant and literary beg her to come over. She just stared straight ahead and just ignored us. Fortunately her publicist looked over at us and brought her over. Once Mia came over she only stayed in one area, the area I was in, and she signed. I managed to get three autographs from her. I got my goal! A major bonus was also getting a couple of Julianne Moore's. I've gotten Julianne many times in the past but it's always nice to see and get her again. She looked radiate! Other people that showed up were co-stars John Hutchenson and Mark Ruffalo. Also Quinton Aaron ( The Blind Side ) showed up. Annette Bening was on the guest list but she didn't show up.
Not a huge celebrity turn out but to me it's more quality then quantity that can make a premiere good.
Also another bonus was I found free parking during a major sporting event, which is rare. And I was able to get out of the area before it got crazy with the basketball fans celebrating.
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Kid's Are All Right Premiere

Post by Heyheyyou »

{up} Congrats! Josh is from my hometown. He is always gracious to fans. I haven't encountered him yet but maybe someday ;-)
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

quick question and i dont wanna start any issues but i would like to know:

its okay for you to get someone IP who is hard to get TTM but its not okay for someone else? like you said ever since that movie came out its been very hard for you to get her ttm right? as you may know Carrie doesnt sign for anyone TTM or VV...so his last attempt was to try to get her IP.....so why the double standard?

like i said i just would like to know....if you wanna ignore this, thats kool... {up} but anywhoooo you have yourself a great weekend! :)

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

Why are you commenting on this post when it has NOTHING to do with Carrie Underwood.
But since you did here is my answer:
When I get people in person I NEVER DO AIRPORTS, RESTERAUNTS and HOTELS. I get my autographs at movie premieres, concert venues, talk shows, award shows and other events open to the public.
Musicfan, I know it's a dissapointment when a celeb like Carrie doesn't sign TTM anymore BUT don't judge someone just because they didn't sign for you at a hotel. Like I said normally she's very nice to her fans and will sign at more public events.
You'll get her eventually musicfan I know it. Good Luck.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

bud simpson wrote:Why are you commenting on this post when it has NOTHING to do with Carrie Underwood.
But since you did here is my answer:
When I get people in person I NEVER DO AIRPORTS, RESTERAUNTS and HOTELS. I get my autographs at movie premieres, concert venues, talk shows, award shows and other events open to the public.
Musicfan, I know it's a dissapointment when a celeb like Carrie doesn't sign TTM anymore BUT don't judge someone just because they didn't sign for you at a hotel. Like I said normally she's very nice to her fans and will sign at more public events.
You'll get her eventually musicfan I know it. Good Luck.
trust me i still like her..i seen her on her newest tour this past year and trust me i still like her i am still kinda upset that she doesnt answer to anyone..and i think of it as IP is IP...no matter where you get someone at..its still IP....and its part of their job (to get asked to sign)....but its really funny because while filming on TMZ i seen carrie signed for like 10 people...so i still dont understand but i wanted to know what made yours different...IP is IP..period...lol.

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

No it's 100% not the same. At a movie premiere the celebrity is out in the public eye with the photographers and the press. They are made up and dressed for the occasion. At the hotel a lot of times they are not. Also they expect fans to show up at such events. That's why they are nicer because chances are the camera's will be on them and I'm sure they don't want to look bad in this kind of situation. The hotel is the place where they get away from all this and where they can relax and get something to eat and sleep.
Am glad that your still a fan of Carrie. I feel that you are not a true fan just because they don't sign an autograph for you.
Marlon Brando was a rare signer. Just because he told me no doesn't make me hate his movies.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

bud simpson wrote:No it's 100% not the same. At a movie premiere the celebrity is out in the public eye with the photographers and the press. They are made up and dressed for the occasion. At the hotel a lot of times they are not. Also they expect fans to show up at such events. That's why they are nicer because chances are the camera's will be on them and I'm sure they don't want to look bad in this kind of situation. The hotel is the place where they get away from all this and where they can relax and get something to eat and sleep.
Am glad that your still a fan of Carrie. I feel that you are not a true fan just because they don't sign an autograph for you.
Marlon Brando was a rare signer. Just because he told me no doesn't make me hate his movies.
but thats my point...LOL if they will sign in front of a camera for 25 people why cant they sign for 4 people...? thats what is confusing for me to get...lol..but i love her still...she can SANG and she is HOTT!

Favorite Successes:

Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Heyheyyou »

:roll: This doesn't even have to do with CU. Please don't take away from Bud's experience on this thread. It is about a premiere not Carrie Underwood. Back to topic please......... I also do not go after celebs at airports,etc. Anyways back to the topic please.........
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

Movie Premiere is 100% open to the public. A hotel no matter how you look at it is private property. The hotel bigcurt is going to is being quite generous for letting him and the three other people wait around. If the management wanted to they can easily kick out anybody that's not a hotel guest.
There is no way that these situations are similar. They are two totally different things.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

bud simpson wrote:Movie Premiere is 100% open to the public. A hotel no matter how you look at it is private property. The hotel bigcurt is going to is being quite generous for letting him and the three other people wait around. If the management wanted to they can easily kick out anybody that's not a hotel guest.
There is no way that these situations are similar. They are two totally different things.
well thats what alot of people on here do so it dont matter to me..and they werent causing trouble... and i dont think they were standing in the hotel lobby and its not like they were disturbing anyone...but thats neither here nor there..ip is ip. (thats how i feel about that)..you have your opinion and i have mine. and unless the hotel is called "The Underwood Inn" there is no issue with doing that. like i said i dont have the time to do that...and i dont think i ever would but still..these situations are exactly the same TRUE but they are comparable. and if you watch TMZ (and yes i do) there hundreds of photographers waiting outside houses and food places and hotels and they dont say anything UNLESS there is an issue...this is just a dude wanting one autograph.. no harm {up}

Favorite Successes: