Your own experiences: How long does it take?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Volante

Your own experiences: How long does it take?

Post by Volante »

Maybe this belongs in the Collecting Help forum, sorry.

Anyway, how long does it usually take for you to get a reply? I often read 3 months, but does it really take that long time? :? I was hoping for a few weeks or something, but I guess I'll have to wait a long time :P

Fastest?

Slowest?

Your experiences!
towanda
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by towanda »

well, I've only been at this for two weeks, but when I started I sent requests to lots of people that seem to respond fairly quickly. I didn't want to send out lots of letters and then be disappointed that I wasn't getting any replys. What I suggest is that you search for posts on whomever you want to write to, and then check all the posts to see how long other people have been waiting for a reply for. That is what I did, and when I saw that most of the people that I was interested in were taking a while to reply, I wrote letters to some of the people that don't take as long. So far, in my 2 1/2 weeks, I have gotten Judi Dench, Betty White, John Travolta, the Harry Potter kids, Robbie Coltrane, Morgan Freeman, and a couple of others. That has been enough to keep me from being too dissappointed that I might be waiting months for others.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Volante {up}

Unfortunately it really can take that long, and sometimes even longer!

My personal longest wait has been about 6 months and I have had a few of those. My quickest has been only a few days.

Fortunately most celebs tend to reply within a couple of months, but this really is a hobby where you have to be prepared to wait . . . . !

Best of luck!

Ian :mrgreen:
christine
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by christine »

Like the TheCollector and towanda said, it can take a long time! My longest must have been 5 to 6 months and others only took a week or two! :D Good luck :D I hope you get many successes!

Christine :D
Volante

Post by Volante »

Thank you for your replies! :D

to towanda: Wow those are great succeses and you've only done this for two weeks :o On thursday it's two weeks since I sent out my first five letters, and today I sent out five more :) So now I'll have to wait.
I have gotten one though, Judi Dench's, like you! :D. I'm a Bond fan so I got very happy when I got hers
towanda
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by towanda »

Volante - I did a search here for email addresses. I am not the most patient person in the world, so I though I'd better get as many through email as I can. For whatever reason the email ones seem to come faster. You might want to do the same thing. I got Jose Feliciano through email, also Judi Dench (like you), Robbie Coltrane, Howie Day, and John Travolta. You might want to try them. I know I would go crazy waiting months for anything to come in, so I went for the fast ones first. I wrote letters for probably about 50, and of those so far I've only gotten 3. (Betty White, Morgan Freeman, and the Harry Potter kids. Of those only Betty White is not a preprint.)
simba
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by simba »

My longest wait was 19 months for an autograph...but for me the average seems to be about 5-6 months or so. :lol:
charmed_babe3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by charmed_babe3 »

It normally takes about 4 months for me to get a reply
Authentic: 37
PP: 44
Autograph count: 79
Collector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Collector »

2-4 months seems to be the average period of waiting.
My fastest successes have taken about 12-15 days and one only 7 days.
My longest wait took only a year and four months, but my joy was big when I finally got it.
But I´ve read that some people have waited 3 years to get something back.
Volante

Post by Volante »

I see, very different wating times! :)

towanda: Of them you mentioned, Dench's isn't a pre-print either. It's real, at least mine.