What got you started in autograph collecting?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
mightyswagman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What got you started in autograph collecting?

Post by mightyswagman »

:D being given a scrap of paper with Kim Wilde's autograph on it by my best friend,it got me interested
SilentEcho219
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SilentEcho219 »

I just started last month, actually. I was browsing the blog of Lost actor Jorge Garcia and saw he had an address for fanmail. I found this website a few days after that, don't remember how, but it's been very, very helpful! I sent quite a lot of requests out over the next few weeks and I've slowly been getting some back. I decided to turn it into a hobby because I never had a hobby and I figured it would be something reasonable when it comes to money and time. I've also always loved film, television, music -- you name it -- and it's really cool to have something that your friends and family will be able to look at and appreciate also.

EDIT: If you want to be technical, my first autograph was Mr. McFeely from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Since the show was filmed here in Pittsburgh, him and a lot of the other cast would frequently make appearances at community days and other events. I think I got his autograph at a community fair for my grandma's township.
Last edited by SilentEcho219 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Jason
crisabell
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by crisabell »

I started collecting after I ordered a Selena Gomez SFM thinking it was authentic, and doing research, finding out it's not, and getting angry. At that point I decided I was going to do what ever I had to do to get an authentic, then I found this site. It's amazing how a few days on here, reading around, can teach you so much!
____________________________________________________________________________________

So...basically...I'm in love with Harry Styles.
"shot me outta the sky, you're my kryptonite."

Most Recent Successes: Demi Lovato TTM, Allisyn Ashley Arm TTM
Most Wanted: Josh Hutcherson, One Direction.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Myself205
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Myself205 »

I collect movie posters as I love cinema.
A new cinema opened near my place and they started to have movie premiere (promotional tour) with directors and actors. I started to have my posters signed :-)

My best souvenir of theses premieres: Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Audrey Tautou
kelly_pendragon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kelly_pendragon »

Okay so I haven't received any autographs yet.
But I decided I want to start collecting because...
My cousin got David Tennants for her birthday and im sooo jealous...
Since i was a kid i have had this love for famous people and ALWAYS wanted some autographs...
and my friend recently sent a letter to Rob Pattinson and got me thinking about sending letters and asking for autographs :) [uk]
Autographs Recieved: Russell Howard
In person: Same Difference (personalised)
Waiting on: Same Difference Signed CD (through winning their twitter comp)
Most Wanted: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bradley James, David Tennant, Lee Pace, Zachary Quinto, Anton Yelchin, Peter Facinelli, Tom Felton, Richard Coyle, Tim Roth and David Hewlett
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

At 10 years old, Vincent Price was (still is) my favorite actor. My mom raised me on all the old horror movies. Vincent Price was doing a little segment on the Disney Channel called "Read, Write, and Draw," so I tried writing him a letter care of Disney Channel Magazine. A couple months later, I received back a color signed/inscribed photo of Mr. Price from Batman, as Egghead. That's pretty much what started it; I guess you could say it's Batman's fault because my next letter was to Burgess Meredith (it wasn't even a request, I just sent him a get well card when I read he was in the hospital), and I got a really nice Penguin photo from him. Being a kid, I had no idea about sending SASE so I was pretty lucky!
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
harrypotterfan.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrypotterfan. »

i started in 1998 i wanted to write to some of days of our lives people and now i have almost all them. this site has help me out a lot thank you fan mail biz this is the only site i trust.
carlyscala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlyscala »

I agree that this is the site I go to and trust for autograph collecting...there are so many friendly people on here! :)
At the Deathly Hallows Part II premiere in NYC!
20, huge HP fan, will go to great lengths to see my
favorite cast again and again in person! :)

Favorite successes: HP trio in person, JK Rowling, all my HP autos in fact, Chuck Palahniuk, Richard Nixon (passed to me from my grandfather), Barack Obama in person, Andy Pettitte, James Franco
TWITTER: @carlyscala
My autograph blog...newly created! Still working on it :) http://carlyscala.blogspot.com/
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

As a kid I used to go to a lot of cheesy theatre shows on holiday with my grandparents! We used to collect autographs of the stars and that's how I started collecting ip! My first ttm was from Jan Pearson from Holby City back in 2004! She was my favourite actress on the show and I wrote her to say I was sad she was leaving and she sent me a signed photo! I got the bug then lol!

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!