Hold for actor at VV question

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
KnightVillain
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hold for actor at VV question

Post by KnightVillain »

I would really like to get an autograph from my absolute favorite actor, Mark Strong, and I tried sending a letter to his agency (that was back in Dec 2009), and I have not recieved any reply. I know he's in the movie The Green Lantern, and that he's filming starting in June (although I do not know the dates in June...). My question is, if I send a letter VV and put "Hold for Mark Strong" written on the front, would they hold it until he arrived or would I just get a "Return to Sender"? Thanks in advance for the help! :D
SilentEcho219
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Hold for actor at VV question

Post by SilentEcho219 »

KnightVillain wrote:I would really like to get an autograph from my absolute favorite actor, Mark Strong, and I tried sending a letter to his agency (that was back in Dec 2009), and I have not recieved any reply. I know he's in the movie The Green Lantern, and that he's filming starting in June (although I do not know the dates in June...). My question is, if I send a letter VV and put "Hold for Mark Strong" written on the front, would they hold it until he arrived or would I just get a "Return to Sender"? Thanks in advance for the help! :D
You will most likely get a RTS. If they do hold it, it may get lost fairly easily. I also think sometimes the production offices they set can be in a temporary office space. So there could be no one even at the address, especially if filming hasn't begun yet.

I know you are anxious, but the sooner you send your letter doesn't mean the sooner you will get it back (because obviously he's not even going to be there), so personally, if I were you, I would wait until you know for sure that he is going to be there.

You could receive your other request back any day now, or it could come in a few more months, maybe even a year. Don't give up hope with that one, but if you want to still do VV I don't see why it would hurt, but I would wait. Another reason being, wouldn't it suck to send another request only to have your previous one come back a few days later -- it would sort of make you seem desperate and annoying, I guess. At least, if I were the person receiving, that's how I would see it.

All the best to you! :)
-- Jason