Do I need to include pictures?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
veltins
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Do I need to include pictures?

Post by veltins »

Hey!

I see a thread that I do not need to include pictures to some celebs, but how do I see if I need to or not.. :(?
SilentEcho219
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Do I need to include pictures?

Post by SilentEcho219 »

veltins wrote:Hey!

I see a thread that I do not need to include pictures to some celebs, but how do I see if I need to or not.. :(?
You can check out the feedback for the person you want to send to by searching in the database (on the main site or the search box at the very top of the page). See what other people are receiving and what they are sending (these are things you are supposed to include when you post feedback anyway). If a lot of people have sent no photos and get something back, I'd say give it a try.

Even if everyone sent a photo previously, you can still give it a try to not send a photo. You really never know what you will get. It is never guaranteed, even if you send a photo, that you'll get something back. That's sort of the fun of it. You might waste postage on one you don't get back, but the ones you do get back will make it all worth it.

At the very least, buy some blank non-lined index cards and include one with your letter, so even if they you don't send a photo and they don't have a photo on hand to sign for you, they can sign your index card. You can always frame the card with a photo once you get one in the future.
-- Jason
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

What they said^ lol. Me personally, I would alwasy provide something for them to sign. Even if they have sent out pics previously, they could easily run out
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
ToTheSea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ToTheSea »

Jaffer wrote: Me personally, I would alwasy provide something for them to sign.
Same here. If you provide your own photo they're left with very few excuses not to sign. 8)