My Custom Cards. (Simpsons Project Framed)

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
DarbyD53
$10 gift certificate winner

My Custom Cards. (Simpsons Project Framed)

Post by DarbyD53 »

Ok I enjoyed how zipbags has the layouts and custom cards framed and ect. I know many people do custom cards on here so I thought I'd get some opinions on which of these you like the best that I've done.

The 3 below are sample cards from the show Dexter, Movie Kick-Ass, and TV Show Glee. All 3 are really different in a lot of ways. Each sheet is a 9x12 then I cut them into 6 seperate cards and ect.

As you can see the Dexter ones are really simple. Just a picture of them from the show, then a touch of Blood Splatter to give it a little bit of a Dexter feel.

The Kick-Ass ones what I did was put the movie poster as the background, then added the picture and a place to sign. I also decided to fool around with the name area alittle bit. Hard to read online but it's much better in person.

The last one is of the cast of Glee. I did this one for a friend who is a huge fan and is getting into Autographs. I used a black background with colorful music notes to tie it into the show, since all the pics I used were the bright colored backgrounds.

So of those 3 which do you like the best? Thanks in advance for any info, good or bad.

Last edited by DarbyD53 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
guilder1st
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: My Projects. Which Style?

Post by guilder1st »

Both the kick ass and Glee ones look great.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

guilder1st wrote:Both the kick ass and Glee ones look great.
Yes, I agree :)
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
DarbyD53

Post by DarbyD53 »

Thanks for the feedback.
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

I really like the Glee cards! {up}
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Personally, I like the Dexter ones: the others are colorful and everything but I like my signatures on white backgrounds. The Glee and Kick Ass ones have a thick border which I think will detract from the autographs when you get them. Also theres not much room for a note if the person wants to personalize and/or say something.

This is just personal preference, they all look great and you should be proud of them. {up}

BossC
Revolver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Revolver »

I like the Glee ones best, and Dexter ones the least.

If you have a busy background, I'd suggest that you use a more plain and simple font so that it doesn't look overdone.
See my latest successes! Click -> Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DarbyD53

Post by DarbyD53 »

Thanks once again for all the comments.

I like all 3 for different reasons. Many of you addressed the different likes and dislikes I have with them.

Once again thanks for taking the time and replying :-)
DarbyD53

Post by DarbyD53 »

After taking a small break from sending stuff out I got back in the mood after watching True Blood Season 2. I made about 25 custom 4x6 cards to send out to the cast. I know it's a big chance on alot of these people since there are no feedback from many of them. Oh well it doesnt cost too much to send these out and take a chance.

Here is a sample of the 4x6 cards I'm sending out:

scarybun
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by scarybun »

Revolver wrote:I like the Glee ones best, and Dexter ones the least.

If you have a busy background, I'd suggest that you use a more plain and simple font so that it doesn't look overdone.
This bears repeating. These kinds of displays have a tendency to look extremely busy because of the sheer number of images/autographs involved, so simple is best.