I'm running the Virgin Mini London Marathon.. (Please Read)

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: I'm running the Virgin Mini London Marathon.. (Please Read)

Post by omgitscaro »

Good luck! That's a really nice cause. {up}
RobinTreksPeru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobinTreksPeru »

AutographGuy wrote:Good luck James!

Classy effort there Daniel, no one will ever notice that you edited the post!

Khackdrums, just out of interest, if its unacceptable and given the user's history, why is he still a member?
Visit my Charity Web Journal @

http://the10grandcharitychallenge.wordpress.com

thanks
Robin
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

RobinTreksPeru wrote:why is he still a member?
It's extremely difficult, nearly impossible, to keep track of all the usernames created by previously banned members. It takes instances like this to raise awareness of the new accounts. After we are aware of the new accounts it’s the responsibility of mod’s like me to report these accounts. After a mod reports an account it's out of their hands. Mod’s can't ban members, it's up to Admin and the few GM's we have left to do that. The situation is under control, no worries. The above posts are still true unfortunately. That's all we can do, sorry.

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
RobinTreksPeru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobinTreksPeru »

khackdrums wrote:
RobinTreksPeru wrote:why is he still a member?
It's extremely difficult, nearly impossible, to keep track of all the usernames created by previously banned members. It takes instances like this to raise awareness of the new accounts. After we are aware of the new accounts it’s the responsibility of mod’s like me to report these accounts. After a mod reports an account it's out of their hands. Mod’s can't ban members, it's up to Admin and the few GM's we have left to do that. The situation is under control, no worries. The above posts are still true unfortunately. That's all we can do, sorry.

Just goes to show that this site still cannot be controlled sadly. Admin rarely cares enough to do anything other than copy paste the "competition" line in, and I struggle to see why someone is not banning this guy on the spot. And every time after, as he is so stupid we can spot him a mile off. Be assured that every time he posts, someone will be on his back. But in the meantime, for the love of god do anything and everything you can to get rid of him!

thanks
Robin
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

RobinTreksPeru wrote:But in the meantime, for the love of god do anything and everything you can to get rid of him!
This situation has been resolved. {up} Unfortunately, it's not as simple as deleting the account "on the spot". I won't bore you with the details though...

Grunge is Dead.
RobinTreksPeru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobinTreksPeru »

to be fair, I am aware of how the forum runs ;) I was a mod in here long ago and was among the first 100 to originally join. al i know is nothing can be believed from Daniel, so any punishment bar deletion is pointless. ask yourself this, his braziltrailred account is no longer used, why might that be? so why is he still allowed on? as i said, i know the score, i just think its a pi$$take that this forum tries to brand itself as being serious, but allows crap like that to happen. its how you lose members, good members, like James.

thanks
Robin
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

RobinTreksPeru wrote:so why is he still allowed on?
I don't know how to make what I’ve already said any clearer. As with all other previously banned accounts, when a member makes a new account and it comes to our attention, we ban the account and any other accounts/IPs associated with it. As a previous Mod you should know how easy it is for members to create new accounts under new IPs and how difficult it is to keep track of all the numerous aliases associated with a single user. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes things like this to happen to become aware of the new account. Mod’s don’t have the time and resources to be on here 24/7/365 looking for aliases; we have jobs, families, and lives. There are only a handful of active Mod’s right now, and we are doing our best to handle these situations in a timely manner with limited resources.

As for this member, we have banned all known accounts and will continue to do so when other usernames come to our attention... Let us know when another account is created and we will take care of them. {up}

Grunge is Dead.
Gone tO hELL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gone tO hELL »

Well here's another name he's using

ARSENALnotARSEANL
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

Ok If I could step in for a second. As one of the only GMs who actually bans people on this site, or for that matter( the only GM who actually cares) I can tell you it is not as easy as it sounds. With most computers people can get new IPs like they can get a candy bar. Just because I ban one account doesnt mean they cant turn around and create a new one. That has been a problem that just cant be solved. No matter what we do. The only thing that helps is to have people on the look out for spammers and troublemakers and report them directly to me. I have quite a few people on here who do just that. But like khackdrums says, I try to do it in a timely manner but we all have jobs and lives and family. I can not sit here 24 hours a day 7 days a week to do everything. Now if some of the other Gms would step in when they are on it would be a great help, but sadly that does not happen. Instead everyone wants to complain about whats not being done and find it easier to just leave the site. I have banned every name this joker has come up with. I do agree it is not right for what he is doing.

I am not going to lock this topic because I believe james is onto something great here. (Good Luck James) If any other problems arise please feel free to contact me and we will discuss it. Lets leave this topic alone for what it was meant for.
RobinTreksPeru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobinTreksPeru »

Hey, sorry, I had not noticed he had been banned, and I had presumed there was some reason for him not being kicked off, which was the reason for my response. Delighted with the course of action, rest assured if we spot him... you will know :)

RM

thanks
Robin