any good stories ttm or in person

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Dale_pride
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

any good stories ttm or in person

Post by Dale_pride »

this is open to any thing. I love hearing stories from people about there experiences get autographs. It could be anything from getting a sweet letter back or almost missing someone at a signing.
summerbayexile
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: any good stories ttm or in person

Post by summerbayexile »

My first meeting with a celebrity was backstage at the Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham, UK. It was after a performance of Scrooge with the late, great Jon Pertwee!! Yes, the third Doctor himself. I knocked on his dressing room door and this HUGE guy opened it!! He was 6'4" and looked like a finely tuned athlete - at the age of 71!! His presence was almost superhuman. I was reduced to a state of gibbering awe!! I got a limited edition poster print of Day of the Daleks signed by him. That print is now framed and, although it took 17 years, one by one I tracked down every regular cast member in that story! It now has the whole UNIT family on.
Jon, Nick Courtney who played the Brigadier, John Levene (Sergeant Benton), Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and finally Katy Manning, the gorgeous Jo Grant!! She was my first crush and I was absolutely smitten finally meeting her in person. Again, I was reduced to gibbering awe, though for very different reasons!!!
Dale_pride
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dale_pride »

last year my friend and i went to a the Green bay Packers OTAs, i got a sweet pic of AJ Hawk and Branden Chiller standing next to each other. When training camp came around i had a 8x10 of that pic printed out in hopes to get it signed by them both. After the first practice there was a crowd of people waiting for players to come out of the stadium. i was there about 5 min when I saw Chiller walking out, i asked him if he would sign and he did. The year before i say that Hawk would stop his truck and sign, so i walked around to the other side by the gate. when i got there the gate was starting to open, i looked up and it was Hawk he pulled up to us and signed for the few of us there. i had my pic signed by them both with in 15 min of trying i couldent belive it.
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

Hmmm.....??

My fave IP successes have been from Jodie Prenger. Lovely every time, happy to chat. First met her when I turned 15 on my birthday, and WOW!! I Admire her to pieces. :D :D :D She knew exactly how i was every time i met her..well 3 times. 3rd time, I was going to give her a farewell gift and good luck card, we were gonna go there at 6pm, but i had a feeling she'd be there soon, so we went at 5:30pm, and literally 2 minutes after we arrived, she CAME along!! I was soooo lucky!

Hmm..I've had some pretty cool autograph successes, my fave autograph is from Dianne Pilkington and then, Jodie :D

Jen
xx

Recent TTM successes: Lucy Miller, Linzi Hateley, Lauren Samuels, Lucy Scherer
Favourite TTM successes: Danielle Hope, Jodie Prenger, Sophie Evans, Lucy Scherer
Favourite IP successes: Jodie Prenger(x3), Nikki Davis Jones(x2), Connie Fisher(x2), Sheridan Smith(x2), Oli Tompsett(x1)
Recently sent: Nikki Davis-Jones, Ashleigh Gray, Chloe Taylor, Samantha Barks, Susan Mcfadden, Suzie Mcadam, Jenny Douglas
Planning on sending to: Annaleigh Ashford, Kristin Chenoweth

Sig made made by me. Do not take thanks :)
mightyswagman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mightyswagman »

:D I once sent to an actor called P.H.Moriarty,he starred in outland as one of the assassins as well as numerous films including the latest Dune film.
I wrote to him asking for his autograph and straignt out of the blue he phoned me and we talked for about 15 minutes on why i like him as an actor,who i was,and why i collect autographs,he then asked me what my favourite film of his was before wishing me all the best,3 days later i got 7 different signed photos from his different films,what a great bloke.
librarian
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by librarian »

I went to see "August Osage County" at the Cadillac Palace Theater in Chicago, February 13, 2010. The only reason I went there was to see my favorite Actress, Estelle Parsons. You might remember her from playing Roseanne's mother, Beverly Harris, on "Roseanne show." The play was 3 hours and around 25 minutes long. from 8pm-11:30pm. My friend and I got seats at the Balcony, R section, and we couldn't see the faces of the actors. The play was a great experience for someone who enjoys Theater and drama.
I waited about 20 minutes outside of the Theater for Ms. Parsons to come out from the back exit stage door. I did get autograph on the playbill from Shannon Cochran as (Barbara Fordham). I didn't know this Actress that well, but I liked her acting in the play! It was getting really late , 12:00am, and everyone came out from the stage door, except Ms. Parsons. It was getting very cold as well. I thought that she must have left before I got to the stage door. Than , Ms. Parsons came out. She was dressed very casually, no mink coat. :lol: Just a regular coat and a winter hat. I was thinking of what I am going to say to her. When I saw her in front of me, I lost my ability to speak. She gave me that big charming smile, and I couldn't believe that I am actually shaking hand with my favorite celebrity. I only could mumble couple of words, and told her that I am her #1 fan, and told her that I am from overseas. She was very surprised that I am from Eastern Europe , currently living in Chicago, and happens to be her most devoted fan. Ms. Parsons was very charming. She has such a kind smile! :D
I decided to send her letter telling her everything that I couldn't during our short one minute or so interaction. The memory of seeing one's favorite celebrity, even for a short while, is unforgettable.
I got an autographed photo from her and she personally signed my letter with " Dear Slava- Thank you for your generous thoughts, Love and Luck. Estelle Parsons." The letter came back to me from Fox Theater, St. Louis. Now, her photo is placed inside the wooden frame, which I keep dust free. :D