MLB opening day

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
dobie516

MLB opening day

Post by dobie516 »

It's almost baseball season. Does anyone else but me do anything special this day? I always take the day off from work. This year I'm driving to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates/Dodgers.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
packrat

Re: MLB opening day

Post by packrat »

I live in a Triple-A city, so I have yet to attend an MLB opening day game. As for your trip, I hope it turns out well. I like the Pirates (my favorite NL team), they are only about a 5 hour drive away for me. Went to the Caravan Kickoff event and the PiratesFest in January. I don't think it's within my budget to get to a game until maybe June or July.

My hometown team's opening day is a night game. I plan to get down there early when the players come in and say hello to the guys returning from last year. I'm sure some of them will remember me from when I 'graphed them last year.
Nationals123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nationals123 »

Nationals-Philles Opening Day!!!!!!
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

Nationals123 wrote:Nationals-Philles Opening Day!!!!!!
Lucky you! That was my first choice, but I couldn't get tickets.
packrat

Post by packrat »

Woo-hoo!! It's here!! Sox beat the Yanks yesterday, and the rest of the MLB teams open today!

Go Sox! Go Bucs!
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

I saw a great game in Pittsburgh on opening day, then went to opening night at the Reading Phillies on Thursday. Minor league baseball is just fantastic.
bellicosejason
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bellicosejason »

My Indians are off to a 2-4 start. I wish I could say I was surprised but that's the way it goes for us Cleveland fans. :lol:
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

One of the shots that I took in Pittsburgh is on the front page of a friend's website. http://www.ybsportsonline.com. It's a nice shot from the top of the stadium.
packrat

Post by packrat »

I really like PNC Park. Went there last year for the first time and fell in love with the ballpark. It reminds me of a Triple-A park since it's so small and the seats are right by the field. I plan to hit a game or two there this year.

I haven't been to a game yet, I might go to Erie, PA to watch them play the Altoona Curve either Thursday or Friday. Thursday is opening day for Erie. I'm going to a AAA opening day event (got my tickets already) to see the Rochester Red Wings play against the Pawtucket Red Sox. Boof Bonsor and Dice-K are rehabbing with the PawSox so I'm hoping to see one or both in action.
mwo925
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mwo925 »

Yes baseball season is here. I'm so happy to just sit back and be able to watch a game. I didn't go to opening night for the A's but I've been to 2 since then. I went yesterday and the Yankees pulled off a triple play. But my heart is with the A's and I'm happy that they are in first place............for now.

Make sure you visit my autograph page with the link below.
http://www.myspace.com/535882298